Bats Rally to Defeat Hens, 8-4July 28, 2012 - International League (IL) Toledo Mud Hens
The Hens took an early 2-0 lead after John Lindsey blasted a two-run homer in the first. Danny Dorn added two more with an RBI double in the sixth to give the Hens a 4-0 lead.
Adam Wilk was stellar for the Mud Hens, pitching seven-plus innings of six-hit, one-run ball. Wilk struck out six in the victory.
Luis Marte came on in relief for Wilk in the eighth and surrendered three runs to cut the Hens lead to one. Chris Bootcheck came on in the ninth looking for his 18th save, but the Bats rallied for five runs thanks to a grand slam to give the Bats a victory.
The Hens and Clippers go at it again tomorrow night at Fifth Third Field with first pitch scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Casey Crosby is scheduled to make the start for Toledo.
The Hens have at least one home run in seven of their last eight games.
Wilk has gone at least seven innings in each of his last three starts.
The Hens are 10-3 this season vs. Louisville.
International League Stories from July 28, 2012
- G-Braves Win Third Straight with 5-3 Win - Gwinnett Braves
- Indians Locke Down 6-0 Win over Buffalo - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Fall to G-Braves 5-3 on Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Orioles Option RHP Miguel Socolovich to Triple-A Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Durham Arms Quiet Tides - Norfolk Tides
- Mandel Shines in Chiefs' Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bats Rally to Defeat Hens, 8-4 - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Yankees and Pawtucket Rained Out - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- PawSox Game Postponed Saturday at McCoy - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Saturday, July 28 at Columbus (Indians) - Rochester Red Wings
- Laird Homers Twice as SWB Wins Series Finale 6-4 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.