Dunning Delivers a Grizzlies Walk-Off WinJuly 14, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Gateway Grizzlies
Chris McClendon led off the 10th with a single, John Shelby walked and Jon Myers moved the runners to second and third on a sacrifice bunt. After an intentional walk to Antone DeJesus, Dunning ripped a single to center for the game-winner.
Richard Barrett (1-3) got the win for Gateway (27-24) after tossing two scoreless innings in relief of Tim Brown. Brown picked up a no-decision, despite only allowing three runs in eight-plus innings.
Myers paced the Grizzlies offense with a 4-for-4 night and three doubles while Richie Jimenez Jr. collected a second inning two run single.
The Grizzlies enjoy an off day Sunday before returning to action on Monday night when they take on Slammers in Joliet. Right-hander Alex Kaminsky (5-3) will get the start for Gateway. First pitch is set for 7:05 CT.
Frontier League Stories from July 14, 2012
- Rascals Fall to Fourth Place - River City Rascals
- Top of Lake Erie order reaches 11 times in 11-2 victory - Lake Erie Crushers
- Evansville Otters' Ninth Inning Comeback Falls Short 4-2 - Evansville Otters
- RiverHawks Get 500th Win - Rockford RiverHawks
- Dunning Delivers a Grizzlies Walk-Off Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat London Rippers - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners Down Slammers 4-0, Take Game Two - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Down Slammers with Complete Game - Southern Illinois Miners
- Cregar Kills Rippers Again - London Rippers
- Traverse City Gets Back on Winning Track - Traverse City Beach Bums
- More Outstanding Pitching Propels Boomers to 6-2 Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters Topped by Schaumburg - Normal CornBelters
- Last Man to Win 30 - Denny McLain Visits Boomers Stadium July 15 - Schaumburg Boomers
- July 14 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Freedom's Rodriguez Delivers Clutch 8th Inning Hit for Victory - Florence Freedom
- ThunderBolts lose to Rippers - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Four Run 12th Inning Lifts London - London Rippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.