Altoona Gains Split with 11-3 Win over the SensJune 29, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Robbie Grossman led off the game with a double for Altoona and two batters later scored on the back end of a double-steal giving Altoona a 1-0 lead. In the second, Altoona tallied another run when Oscar Tejeda homered in his first at bat as a member of the Curve giving Altoona 2-0 lead. Tejeda was also playing in his first game with the Pirates organization after being acquired earlier in the week.
Offensively, the Senators had four hits over the first three innings but nothing to show for them. In the fourth, Chris Rahl put the Sens on the scoreboard when he led off the inning with an opposite field homer to right that trimmed the score to 2-1 Altoona.
Unfortunately for Harrisburg, that would be as close as they would get. In the fifth, Altoona scored six times with seven straight batters reaching base. Grossman, Brock Holt, and Matt Curry all had doubles in the inning before Stefan Welch hit a two-run homer for his second long ball of the season.
Facing the Sens bullpen, the Curve tallied five runs during the game. The Curve pounded out 14 hits during the game, with four belonging to Grossman with Jarek Cunningham adding three of his own. All told, the Curve had seven extra-base hits in the game.
Jeff Kobernus and Manny Mayorson each had two hits for the Senators.
Harrisburg continues its season long eight game homestand Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. when they open a four game series with the Erie SeaWolves. Harrisburg sends RH Kevin Pucetas to the mound against Erie RH James Avery.
The game can be heard locally on 1460am WTKT. The broadcast can also be heard through the Senators website or through the iHeart Radio mobile application.
Eastern League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Plagman Delivers Dagger in 10th as SeaWolves Edge Aeros, 5-4 - Akron Aeros
- 'Wolves Take Series with Extra Innings Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Grossman, Irwin Lead Curve to 11-3 Victory over 'Sens - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Swept Away to Start Homestand, 8-5 - Binghamton Mets
- Altoona Gains Split with 11-3 Win over the Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Five-Run Third Pushes New Britain Past Thunder, 8-4 - Trenton Thunder
- Goins Blasts Homer in 9-3 Loss at Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Sweep B-Mets - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Bite Fisher Cats 9-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Britain Takes Three out of Four From 1st Place Trenton - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels Run out of Gas in Reading, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- OF Abraham Almonte Hits DL; RHP Farquhar Designated - Trenton Thunder
- R-Phils Service Electric, Comcast SportsNet to Air All-Star Classic - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Bowie Baysox - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder to be Honored at Yankee Stadium Tonight - Trenton Thunder
- Three Rock Cats Named to EL All-Star Team - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Five Baysox Named to All-Star Team - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.