Juneau to attend Osprey game in support of Hit the BooksJune 26, 2012 - Pioneer League (PL) Missoula Osprey
Juneau will address the crowd and throw out the first pitch before the game with the Helena Brewers, which is scheduled to begin at 7:05. The Office of Public Instruction will also be giving books away to students at the game.
"We are honored that Superintendent Juneau will be in Missoula on Wednesday to show her support for our reading program," said Missoula Osprey Vice President/General Manager Jeff Griffin. "As an organization, community involvement is one of our top priorities and we have worked extremely hard over the last 13 years to make this one of the best reading programs in all of professional baseball. We are very proud of all of the student's achievements, most notably that over 50,000 books are read each year during a six week period. That statistic alone is amazing."
About 5,000 students in over 250 classrooms took part in the 2012 program. The Osprey have also awarded over $100,000 in prizes to deserving students in the program annually. Some of those students who participated in the Hit the Books program this past spring will be in attendance on Wednesday.
"As a former English teacher, instilling a love of reading in Montana students is of special importance to me," said Superintendent Juneau. "However, we all know how critical reading skills are for the future success of our children."
Tickets for all Osprey home games are available now at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
Pioneer League Stories from June 26, 2012
- O's Lose in Helena, 9-1 - Missoula Osprey
- Smith Earns Double POW Honors - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Osprey home for 7-game stand featuring 4th of July Fireworks - Missoula Osprey
- Owlz Ready for Upcoming Homestand - Orem Owlz
- Juneau to attend Osprey game in support of Hit the Books - Missoula Osprey
- Osprey Get Wild 2-1 Win at Helena - Missoula Osprey
- Chukars Survive Late Rally in 8-6 Win - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Bolaski's Home Run Not Enough in 11-6 Loss - Orem Owlz
- Voyagers Foiled in Game One with Mustangs - Great Falls Voyagers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.