Rainiers Top Reno, 6-4June 23, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
The designated hitter Jimenez extended a 3-1 Rainiers lead to four runs after going deep with a two-run home run off Aces starter Charles Brewer in the bottom of the fifth inning. Jimenez is now tied with Carlos Peguero for the team lead at 12 home runs this season.
Reno reduced the Rainiers lead to 5-4 in the top of the eighth before outfielder the Catricala belted a solo home run in the bottom of the inning. Catricala's home run was his sixth of the season and the first of his career at Cheney Stadium.
Tacoma erased a 1-0 Aces advantage with a three-run inning in the bottom of the fourth. Mike Wilson tied the score with an RBI-single, and Jimenez scored the go-ahead run on a sacrifice fly hit by catcher Guillermo Quiroz one out later. Infielder Luis Rodriguez rounded out the frame with another one-run single for the Rainiers.
Catricala, Jimenez and Rodriguez combined to account for six of the Rainiers nine hits on Friday after each turned in two-hit efforts. Prospect Nick Franklin went 1-for-3 with a single and run in his second Triple-A game.
Starter Brian Sweeney (3-1) picked up his third win this season after holding the Aces to three runs on 10 hits over 5.0 innings and striking out four without issuing a walk. Reliever Scott Patterson did not allow hit and struck out one over 1.0 scoreless inning in the ninth en route to collecting the second save of his 2012 campaign.
The Rainiers (31-43) hit the road and head to Colorado Springs to open a four-game series with the Sky Sox beginning tomorrow, June 22. Seattle Mariners top pitching prospect Danny Hultzen (0-0, -.--) is scheduled to make his Triple-A debut as the starter for Tacoma in the opener.
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 23, 2012
- Blum's Slam Pushes Aces to 12-4 Win - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Nip Iowa 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sox Rough up Rainiers' Top Prospect in 8-4 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- RedHawks Return Home With 4-3 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Rainiers Clipped By Colorado Springs, 8-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Powers Through Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers dip to 17-19 away from home - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Dominguez Homer Rallies Zephyrs Past Redbirds - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Brad Mills Returns from Disabled List - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs) - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Top Reno, 6-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Sweep Grizzlies with 2-1 Walk-Off Win - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.