Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester 7, Durham 6June 20, 2012 - International League (IL) Rochester Red Wings
BLACK EYED PEAS WOULD BE PROUD: The Red Wings reached the halfway point of the 2012 season with a 33-39 record...it is their best record at this juncture since the 2009 club was 34-38.
WALK-OFF WINNER: Wilkin Ramirez hit a 2-run walk-off home run with one out and an 0-2 count in the 9th to give the Red Wings a 7-6 win...it was the club's first walk-off homer since May 6, 2011, when Steve Singleton hit a 3-run shot in the 9th to beat Gwinnett 7-5.
WALK-OFF WINNER: Wilkin Ramirez has homered in 2 straight games and in 3 of his last 6 contests...he has 5 home runs overall to share the team lead with Matt Carson, Michael Hollimon, and Clete Thomas.
THAT WAS FUN: The Red Wings notched their 2nd walk-off win, the first since June 7, when Matt Carson's RBI single in 13th beat Norfolk (Orioles) 2-1...tonight marked Rochester's 6th win in its last at-bat and 13th come-from-behind victory.
PLAYING WELL: The Red Wings are 19-16 beginning May 15 and 24-23 beginning May 3...Rochester is 23-18 at Frontier Field overall, including a 19-14 mark as the home team.
THAT WAS CLOSE: The Red Wings improved to 10-9 in one-run games, including 3 straight wins...they are 9-6 in one-run games at Frontier Field.
THAT'S A LOT OF HOMERS: The Red Wings have homered in 7 straight games, their longest stretch since homering 10 games in a row July 16-26, 2009.
HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT: The Red Wings banged out 11 hits in the first 6 innings after collecting only 11 hits in the first 2 games of this series vs. Durham...the 2 teams combined for 30 hits tonight, the most in a game this season for the Red Wings and their opponent...7 of the 9 Red Wings' hitters had multi-hit games.
MATT'S BAT: Matt Carson homered for the 3rd time in the last 4 games...that stretch includes a 2-homer effort Sunday at Louisville.
CALLING ON CALEB: Caleb Thielbar made his Triple-A debut with 1.2 scoreless innings of relief.
COLE DANCE: Cole De Vries worked 9.0 consecutive scoreless innings until allowing a run in the 3rd inning.
GET WELL SOON: Prior to the game, righthanders Carlos Gutierrez and Lester Oliveros were placed on the 7-Day Disabled List with right shoulder and right elbow injuries, respectively...to take their place on the 25-man roster, righthander Bobby Lanigan and lefthander Caleb Thielbar were transferred from Double-A New Britain.
International League Stories from June 20, 2012
- Indians Beat Gwinnett 10-2 for Fourth-Straight Win - Indianapolis Indians
- G-Braves Routed by Indianapolis, 10-2 - Gwinnett Braves
- PawSox Collapse and Lose Third Straight - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Hoffpauir, Chiefs Rally for Extra-Inning Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester 7, Durham 6 - Rochester Red Wings
- Norfolk Pitchers Dominate Buffalo in 3-1 Victory - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Edge Hens, 2-1 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Seeks Assistance in Renaming Team - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Wednesday, June 20 vs. Durham (Rays) - Rochester Red Wings
- Two Late Runs Send Columbus to 5-3 Win over Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Mud Hens & Kroger Host "Food Drive Fridays" - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Norfolk (7:15 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Yankees Plan Tokach Field Takeover - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Carrasco Added to G-Braves Bullpen - Gwinnett Braves
- Another Bats Comeback as Louisville Beats Yankees 5-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.