Mallards and Bombers Set to Play Series FinaleJune 15, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Madison Mallards
On Wednesday the Mallards came back from a 2-0 deficit to take the second game of the series with a five run sixth inning off of Bombers reliever Brian Thene (Miami-Ohio). With the score tied at two the Mallards took the lead when designated hitter Tyler Marincov (North Florida) lifted a deep home run to center field to give the Mallards a 5-2 lead.
The home run was Marincovs third of the year, and moved him into a tie for third atop the Northwoods League.
Left-hander Kyle Barbeck (Missouri) will be making his season debut on the mound for the Mallards. In his first season with Missouri the lefty made four appearances for the Tigers, posting a 3.60 ERA and two strikeouts. His season was cut short prematurely due to injury and will be looking to come back strong after not pitching competitively since the beginning of his collegiate season.
On the hill for the Bombers will be right-hander Casey Mulholland (Ole Miss). Mulholland has made two starts this season for the Bombers, carrying a 0.00 ERA through 6.1 innings of work but has yet to earn a decision. His last time out he struck out four and kept the Wisconsin Woodchucks (8-8) off the board in an 8-7 Bombers win.
Marincov has feasted on Bombers pitching this series, hitting .500 in 10 at-bats with a double, a home run, and three RBIs.
The Mallards continue their longest home stand of the season against the Lakeshore Chinooks (9-7) on Saturday June 16th. That night will be Charter Communications Teddy Bear Toss Night benefitting the Boys and Girls Club. Fans who bring a gently used stuffed animal to the ballpark will have a chance to win $500. Also featured that night will be the TDS Post-Game Fireworks Show.
The 2012 season is upon us! Single-game tickets are on-sale for all Mallards home games!
The Madison Mallards are part of the 16-team Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any other Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America.
Northwoods League Stories from June 15, 2012
- Rafters Walk It Off - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Pull out Wild Win over Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Bombers Win Slugfest to Take Series - Battle Creek Bombers
- Green Bay defeats Chinooks - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Honkers Drop Game Two - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Swept in Makeshift Twinbill - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Fall to Thunder Bay, 7-3 - Willmar Stingers
- Beetles upend Bucks - Alexandria Beetles
- MoonDogs Skip the Rox - Mankato MoonDogs
- Chinooks Lose 12-4 to the Bullfrogs Friday Night - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rafters Walk-Off Woodchucks in Extras, 6-5 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Honkers Win Game One - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards and Bombers Set to Play Series Finale - Madison Mallards
- Borman Named NWL's Player of the Night - Waterloo Bucks
- Rain causes postponement of "Turn Back the Clock Night" - Eau Claire Express
- Bombers Fall in Game Two - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Crowned Rain-Soaked - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.