Gary Mitchell activated from DL; Jairo Diaz placed on DLJune 14, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Cedar Rapids Kernels
Mitchell was placed on the DL back on June 6 with an undisclosed knee injury. At the time he was hitting .261 with 7 HR and 18 RBI.
Diaz has posted a 2-7 record and 7.70 ERA in 13 starts for the Kernels. In 69 IP, he's allowed 99 hits and 63 runs (59 earned) with 29 walks and 45 strikeouts.
With today's transactions, the Kernels roster remains at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with three players on the disabled list.
The Kernels wrap up a six game home stand tonight with a 6:35 pm game against the Burlington Bees, the Midwest League affiliate of the Oakland Athletics.
Morgan Hawk brings you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com .
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2012
- Kernels shut out Burlington, 8-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Swept at Home by Timber Rattlers - Clinton LumberKings
- Quad Cities Takes Rubber Match with Kane County, 4-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Can't Get Sweep, Lose 8-0 to Kernels - Burlington Bees
- Rattlers sweep Clinton with 9-1 win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hawks Humble Captains 9-7 - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Are Playoff Bound - Beloit Snappers
- Wild Win for Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Goeddel Drives in Run in Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 5-3, Eliminated from Playoff Race - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars out of First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts earn come-from-behind 5-4 victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Edge Dragons with 9th Inning Run - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Drop Rubber Game, 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Castillo Goes to DL, Rodriguez to All-Star Game - MWL
- Bob Dylan to Perform at Parkview Field August 24, 2012 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Gameday for June 14 - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Clobber Kernels, 14-9 - Burlington Bees
- 6/14 - Purdue Coach, Schreiber, to Throw out First Pitch (Release Attached) - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Gary Mitchell activated from DL; Jairo Diaz placed on DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.