Soto Joins Iowa for MLB Rehab MondayJune 9, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Iowa Cubs
Chicago placed their backstop on the disabled list following a left knee arthroscopy in a move that was retroactive to May 17. The San Juan native had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee May 18 (performed by Dr. Stephen Gryzlo) after experiencing inflammation the day prior.
Soto was batting .161 (15-for-93) with three home runs and six RBI in 28 games this season for the Cubs before his injury. In three seasons with Iowa in 2005-2007, Soto boasted a .297 batting average in 263 games behind the plate and 22 starts at first base.
The Iowa Cubs open a three-game series with the Omaha Storm Chasers Monday with a 7:05 p.m. start at Principal Park. The three-game set will begin the second series of the Cubs' 13-game home stand.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2012
- Zephyrs Rally in 9th to Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Storm Chasers Rout the Express to Win, 12-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rivercats Rake Three Homers as Sox Fall 10-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Raley Shines In Complete Game Shutout - Iowa Cubs
- Soto Joins Iowa for MLB Rehab Monday - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers stay perfect at home against Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Ross Pitches River Cats Past Sky Sox - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader with Iowa Again - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Reno blanks Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Aces Shutout Tucson for Fifth-Straight Win - Reno Aces
- Nieve's Nil Helps 'Topes Blank Redbirds 12-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Outdueled By Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sox and Sacramento Trade Big Innings in Split of Modified Doubleheader - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats Lose Game One 12-4, Win Game Two 11-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs split doubleheader - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.