Rainiers Outdueled By Salt LakeJune 9, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
Ramirez turned in 7.2 hitless, scoreless innings before Salt Lake's Doug Deeds dribbled an infield single to second base with two outs in the eighth inning. In the Bees next at-bat, centerfielder Drew Heid hit a two-run home run that ultimately dealt the right-hander Ramirez a tough-luck loss.
Ramirez ended the night allowing both runs on two hits over 8.0 innings of work, while walking two and fanning five. Right-handed reliever Steve Delabar tossed a perfect inning of work in the ninth.
The Rainiers were limited to just three hits - all singles - in the contest. Formers Rainiers pitcher and current Bees right-hander David Pauley allowed just one hit over a 6.0-inning start, and Salt Lake's bullpen combined to give up two hits over three innings.
The loss marked the first time Tacoma has been shut out in back-to-back games since going scoreless over a pair of outings against Albuquerque, May 14-15, 2006. The club has now lost five consecutive games and nine of their last 10.
The Rainiers (24-37) play the third game of the club's four-game series with the Bees (32-30) at 7:05 p.m. tomorrow, June 9. Right-hander Andrew Carraway (2-1, 3.16) is slated to start for Tacoma against Salt Lake right-hander Matt Shoemaker (4-5, 5.30).
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2012
- Zephyrs Rally in 9th to Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Storm Chasers Rout the Express to Win, 12-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rivercats Rake Three Homers as Sox Fall 10-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Raley Shines In Complete Game Shutout - Iowa Cubs
- Soto Joins Iowa for MLB Rehab Monday - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers stay perfect at home against Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Ross Pitches River Cats Past Sky Sox - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader with Iowa Again - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Reno blanks Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Aces Shutout Tucson for Fifth-Straight Win - Reno Aces
- Nieve's Nil Helps 'Topes Blank Redbirds 12-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Outdueled By Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sox and Sacramento Trade Big Innings in Split of Modified Doubleheader - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats Lose Game One 12-4, Win Game Two 11-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs split doubleheader - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.