Suchy's Grand Slam Highlights Stingers' 10-4 VictoryJune 8, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Willmar Stingers
Suchy's grand slam capped off a stretch of four base hits by the Stingers and highlighted a night where Willmar scored in five straight innings to claim the rubber match against the Bucks.
Willmar (4-6) has now won four of its last five games, while Waterloo (8-2) took only one of three from the Stingers after entering the series undefeated in 2012.
Waterloo grabbed the initial lead with one run on two hits in the first inning and held the 1-0 advantage until the third inning. After Mitch Rowan (San Francisco) reached on an error, Forrestt Allday (Central Arkansas) hit a double down the left-field line to move Rowan to third with nobody out in the third. Hunter Dozier (Stephen F. Austin) then walked to load the bases. Suchy and Max Kuhn (Kentucky) each walked with the bases loaded to give the Stingers a 2-1 lead.
Willmar put the game out of reach in the fourth when Rowan, Allday and Dozier singled consecutively to fill the bases in front of Suchy. Suchy drilled a ball deep over the left-field fence to give him five RBIs in the game and a team-leading 11 for the season.
The Stingers did not stop there, adding a run in each of the fifth and sixth innings on an RBI single by Allday that scored Logan Allen (Occidental College) and a solo home run by Kenny Roberts (Alabama) to lead off the sixth. A two-run single by Dozier in the seventh made the score 10-3.
Dozier finished the game a perfect 4-for-4 at the plate with two runs and two RBIs. Allday also had a four-hit game with two runs. Roberts and Rowan each contributed multi-hit efforts with Rowan scoring three times in the contest on a 2-for-5 day at the dish.
Kyle Fischer (St. Cloud State) earned the victory after striking out six in six innings and allowing only two runs, one of which was unearned.
Willmar will begin a five-game road trip Saturday in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada with a 5:05 p.m. game.
The 2012 season is presented by Charter. For more information on your Willmar Stingers be sure to visit the West Central Tribune at www.wctrib.com.
Northwoods League Stories from June 8, 2012
- Suchy's Grand Slam Highlights Stingers' 10-4 Victory - Willmar Stingers
- Bombers Drop Rubber Match 7-2 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Honkers Lose Series to Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- MoonDogs Sweep the Border Cats - Mankato MoonDogs
- Chinooks Convincing Win Friday - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Chucks Walk Off; Three in One Week - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Alumni Earn Opportunity to Play Professional Baseball - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Go for the Sweep against Bullfrogs - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Have 14 Alumni, Three Actives Taken in MLB Draft - Madison Mallards
- Rox Take it to Beetles Again - Alexandria Beetles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.