Fisher Cats Roll to 9-3 Win Friday in BinghamtonMay 25, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
Carreno (1-1) picked up his first win of the season in his third start for the Fisher Cats. He allowed one run on two hits, walked two and struck out seven batters. The 25-year old Dominican won seven games for the Fisher Cats last season, eventually reaching the Major Leagues with the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Fisher Cats (19-27), in winning back-to-back games for the first time since May 4-5, opened the scoring in the top of the second inning when Brad McElroy delivered a bases-loaded single to right for a 1-0 lead. Mark Sobolewski, who walked, scored the run.
The Mets tied the game in the bottom of the third inning on a solo home run by catcher Kai Gronauer, his first of the season, off Carreno.
New Hampshire moved back in front on Glenn's homer in the the top of the fourth inning. Glenn took a 2-1 pitch out to left-center for his seventh home run and a 2-1 lead.
Brian Van Kirk added a two-run homer in the top of the fifth inning off Mets starter and losing pitcher Darin Gorski to extend the lead to 4-1.
In the top of the sixth inning, Ryan Goins (2-for-4) singled, moved to second when Sean Ochinko was hit-by-pitch and scored on a double by Mike McDade for a 5-1 lead.
After Binghamton (22-24) added a run on a groundout in the bottom of the sixth off reliever Scott Gracey, Glenn knocked in his second run of the game with a sacrifice fly to make it 6-2.
The Mets added an unearned run late in the bottom of the eighth inning. Matt Den Dekker reached on a single and error and scored on a base hit by Josh Rodriguez, who had three of Binghamton's six hits.
New Hampshire scored its final runs in the top of the ninth inning. Brian Bocock (2-for-5, 2 2B) reached on a fielders choice and scored on a triple by Sobolewski. Kevin Howard followed with a double before Glenn knocked in his third run of the game with a single. In all, the Fisher Cats had 14 hits, including at least one by every player in the lineup.
The Fisher Cats and Mets continue the series in Binghamton on Saturday at 7:05PM. LHP Brett Cecil is the scheduled starter for New Hampshire (2-2, 4.00). The Mets counter with RHP Greg Peavey (3-1, 5.45). Radio coverage with Bob Lipman begins at 6:45pm on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and online at www.nhfishercats.com ==].
After completing the series in Binghamton on Monday afternoon, the Fisher Cats head back to Manchester. New Hampshire will open a series at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium with the New Britain Rock Cats (Minnesota Double-A) on Tuesday at 7:05PM. On Tuesday, the Fisher Cats and BAE Systems will celebrate Memorial Day by honoring all the brave men and women who have serviced, or are currently serving our country. For tickets and information visit www.nhfishercats.com or call the ticket office at (603) 641-2005.
Eastern League Stories from May 25, 2012
- Fisher Cats Overpower B-Mets, 9-3 - Binghamton Mets
- SeaWolves Overpower Aeros, 7-3 - Akron Aeros
- Aeros Fall in Erie, 7-3 - Akron Aeros
- Fisher Cats Roll to 9-3 Win Friday in Binghamton - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve Continue to Crush Sox - Bowie Baysox
- Early Offense Holds up in Opener Win at Bowie - Altoona Curve
- Seven Run Fourth Downs Aeros - Erie SeaWolves
- Reading Goes Deep for 3-1 Win over the Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Richmond Pitching Silences Trenton in 4-1 Win - Trenton Thunder
- Fog Suspends Friday's Sea Dogs Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Squirrels Saunter Past Thunder, 4-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- OF Damon Sublett Joins Thunder for Third Straight Season - Trenton Thunder
- Bowie Baysox Make Player Move - Bowie Baysox
- Diaz Promoted to Majors - Akron Aeros
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Trenton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League All-Star Voting Underway - Portland Sea Dogs
- FirstEnergy Stadium to Host First Friday on June 1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Larry Bowa, the Batmobile and Yo Gabba Gabba Next Week in Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Pirate Parrot & Pierogies Appearance and Three Fireworks Shows Set - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League All-Star Fan Balloting Now Underway - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.