Mavericks Sign McCready, Place Two D-Men on Injured ReserveMarch 16, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
McCready, a 5-foot, 11-inch, 187-pound defenseman from Kingsville, Ontario will make his professional debut with the Mavericks this weekend. McCready spent four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the London Knights, Sarnia Sting, Toronto St. Michael's Majors and Mississauga St. Michael's Majors from 2004-08. He then played three seasons collegiately at the University of Windsor, where he recorded 45 points in 79 games on 15 goals and 30 assists.
"Matt recently completed a very successful playoff run and showed us a great deal of leadership in the minutes he played and clutch points he produced while serving as captain at the University of Windsor," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He is a very agile, puck moving defenseman and he can help make us more dynamic."
The Mavericks are in Bloomington, Illinois to face the Bloomington Blaze tonight. Tomorrow, the Mavs return to Independence Events Center to face the Tulsa Oilers before traveling to Oklahoma to wrap up a home-and-home set with the Oilers on Sunday afternoon.
Missouri Mavericks 2012-13 season tickets are on sale now. A $50 dollar non-refundable deposit is required for all season tickets. Contact the Mavericks ticket staff Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm at (816) 252-7825 if you are interested in season tickets. Every current Mavericks season ticket holder who renews their season tickets before March 23 will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win an $18,000 Harley-Davidson Fatboy motorcycle, a 60-inch HDTV and other prizes. Tickets for all remaining 2011-12 regular season games are on sale via www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks call (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2012
- Tulsa Snaps Skid with 4-3 Victory Over Arizona - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Come Back to Edge the Sundogs, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Second Period Springs Wichita to 4-2 Win Over Quad City - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Beat Brahmas 5-2 - Allen Americans
- Mallards Fall to Wichita 4-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Stun Komets with Overtime Win - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Beat Blaze, 4-1 - Missouri Mavericks
- Blaze Drop Friday Night Affair to Mavericks - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Stung by Killer Bees 5-4 on Friday Night - Dayton Gems
- Make It Six; Bees Win Again 5-4 Over Dayton - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Fedorowich Finishes 2nd in CHL's Trainer of the Year Voting - Arizona Sundogs
- Romeo Vivit Becomes First to Win Multiple 'Gunner Garrett Equipment Manager of the Year' Awards - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Announces Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager of the Year - CHL
- Mavericks Sign McCready, Place Two D-Men on Injured Reserve - Missouri Mavericks
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Host Rio Grande Valley for First Time - Dayton Gems
- Individual Playoff Tickets Available Today - Wichita Thunder
- Youth Jersey Night Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Gems Captain Labenski Named CHL "Man of the Year" Finalist - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for March 16, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.