Countdown to Face-OffMarch 14, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
Tonight is game four of a six-game home stand for the K-Wings. So far during the stand, the K-Wings are 2-1-0-0 and are coming off a 2-0 loss to the Chicago Express last Saturday. With 73 points, Kalamazoo remains in first place in the North Division, six points ahead of the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Remaining on the road, this evening is game four of six-game road swing for the Walleye. Toledo, who is 0-2-0-1 during their current trip, will wrap up the swing at Wings Stadium on Saturday. With 58 points, the Walleye are in fourth place in the North and trail the Cyclones by nine points for the final playoff spot.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Darryl Bootland (24 Goals) Kyle Rogers (20 Goals)
Assists: Trent Daavettila (52 Assists) Joey Martin (24 Assists)
Points: Trent Daavettila (67 Points) Joey Martin (43 Points)
+/-: Darren Archibald (+13) Kyle Rogers (+9)
Penalty Minutes: Darryl Bootland (149 Minutes) Riley Emmerson (129 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Mike Matczak (8 Goals) Bryan Rufenach (5 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Seven Players Tied (1 Goal) Todd Griffith, Kyle Page,
Harrison Reed (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Brandon Svendsen (5 GW) Kyle Rogers (5 GW)
Shots: Darryl Bootland (195 Shots) Kyle Rogers (158 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Dean Strong (27.5 %) Derek Brochu (42.9%)
Overtime Goals: Sam Ftorek (2 Goals) Kyle Rogers (2 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Justin Taylor (5 Goals) Joey Martin (5 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Dwight Helminen, Nick Sirota, Joey Martin (62.5%)
Dean Strong, Justin Taylor (50%)
Goals Against Average: Brad Fogal (2.78 ) Alec Richards (3.18)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (0.902) Dustin Carlson (0.889)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 22-9-3-2
Season Series: K-Wings Lead Season Series: 6-3-0-0
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 3-1 on February 22nd @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Next Meeting: Saturday, March 17th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Yesterday, goaltender Riley Gill was returned from loan from the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. In separate transactions, goaltender Maxime Clermont was placed on the 3-Day IR and defenseman Joe Tolles was transferred to the 7-Day IR.
Reaching a Milestone
With his first shift of tonight's game, forward Darryl Bootland will reach a personal milestone. Tonight will be Bootland's 600th career contest.
It's Been Awhile
Last Saturday, the K-Wings were shutout for the first during the 2011-12 season. Before Saturday, the last time that Kalamazoo was held scoreless was March 23, 2011 against the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Defenseman Mike Matczak leads all members of the K-Wings with eight power-play goals. The eight power-play markers are also good enough to give Matczak the ECHL lead among all rookies and defensemen.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's brand new website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
Matczak and Reid on the Radio
Join special guests Mike Matczak and Elgin Reid as they join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live". The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Friday, March 16th Vs Trenton 7:30 PM (Noodles & Company & Disco Fever Night, Presented by COOL 101, Frugal Fan Friday)
Saturday, March 17th Vs Toledo 7:00 PM (31st Annual "World Famous" St. Patrick's Day Green Ice Game, Presented by Fifth-Third Bank, WWMT and WRKR)
Sunday, March 18th @ Toledo 4:00 PM
Friday, March 23rd Vs Chicago 7:30 PM (Celebration! Cinema Night, featuring Batman and Spiderman and Frugal Fan Friday)
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2012
- Grizzlies Beat Bakersfield 3-2; Win 4th-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally Past Thunder, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Invade Colorado with 4-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Aces Continue Defensive Dominance Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Express Power Past Nailers for 3-1 Win - Chicago Express
- Royals Flounder Against Florida, 8-3 - Reading Royals
- Child Nets First Professional Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Continue Offensive Woes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brandt Leads the Gladiators to 7th Straight Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Toledo Beats Kalamazoo 3-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Fall in Gwinnett, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Syvret Returns from Portland - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Utah Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach McKelvie Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Jackals Playoff Ticket Information Released - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Wheeling Tonight - Chicago Express
- Eagles Sign Amateur Defenseman Isaac Smeltzer - Colorado Eagles
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Eagles Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Friday, March 23 - Colorado Eagles
- Penguins Assign Samuelsson to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Add Game Plan Holder to the Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - March 14 - ECHL
- Reign Lose First in Steelhead Series, 3-2 - Ontario Reign
- Steelheads Hold on for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.