Tampa Bay Acquires Former Admirals Forward Brandon SegalFebruary 21, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
In addition, the Admirals have traded forward Matt Fornataro to the Rockford IceHogs in exchange for future considerations, Admirals General Manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Segal, 6-foot-2, 209 pounds, has played in 53 games with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs this season, collecting 13 goals and 25 points, to go along with 63 penalty minutes. Segal ranks fourth on the IceHogs in goals and is seventh in points. He had been Rockford's captain.
Segal appeared in 91 games with the Admirals between the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons, posting 33 goals and 67 points with 120 penalty minutes. Segal posted AHL career highs with 26 goals, 26 assists and 52 points with the Admirals in 2008-09. That season, he ranked second in goals, fourth in points and tied for third in assists with Norfolk.
The 28-year-old has skated in 508 career AHL games with the Milwaukee Admirals, Portland Pirates, Norfolk Admirals, Manchester Monarchs, Texas Stars and Rockford IceHogs, collecting 120 goals and 233 points. He also has five goals and eight points in 41 career Calder Cup Playoff games. Segal won the Calder Cup in 2004 with the Milwaukee Admirals.
The Richmond, British Columbia, native has played in 92 career NHL games with the Lightning, Dallas Stars and Los Angeles Kings, collecting 11 goals and 22 points. He played in two games with Tampa Bay during the 2008-09 season, including his NHL debut on March 3 versus the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was originally drafted by the Nashville Predators in the fourth round, 102nd overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Segal signed a one-year contract with Chicago on September 1, 2011.
Fornataro, a 6-foot, 190-pound right wing, had posted five goals and 25 points in 46 games with the Admirals this season. In 161 games with Norfolk over the last three seasons, Fornataro posted 33 goals and 85 points. He has recorded 44 goals and 111 points in 214 career AHL games between Norfolk, Houston, Worcester and Syracuse.
The Admirals return to action on Friday night as they embark on a three-game, three-night road trip in Binghamton, N.Y. After the game in Binghamton, the Admirals will continue their three-game journey in Hershey on Saturday and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday afternoon. All games can be heard at 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and 1021TheGame.com. You can also watch on a pay-per-view basis at AHLLive.com.
Norfolk returns to Scope on Wednesday, February 29 as the Hershey Bears visit Scope for the final time this regular season in another Admirals Value Night including Family Fun Packs and Student Rush tickets. Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns, and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 - that's a savings of $37. Student Rush Nights provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rust Night tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Admirals 10-Packs for the 2011-12 season remain available for as little as $110. You may also reserve your 2012-13 season tickets with a deposit of as little as $100 per seat today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2012
- Last Minute Goal Leads to Rivermen Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Overcome Sharks for 4-2 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Community Report - Team Hosts a Pair of Events on Tuesday Night - Springfield Falcons
- 44 Shots Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Syracuse - Worcester Sharks
- Blues Recall T.J. Hensick - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Begin Rivalry Week on Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Weekly - Abbotsford Heat
- Piche Traded to Tampa Bay in Three-Team Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Oilers Re-Assign Ryan Martindale from Stockton Thunder to Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- IceHogs Acquire Fornatero from Norfolk - Rockford IceHogs
- Tampa Bay Acquires Former Admirals Forward Brandon Segal - Norfolk Admirals
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Bell Centre Matchup Highlights Bulldogs' Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kings Activate Forward Jarret Stoll from I.R. - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens Host Dollars for Scholars Charity Hockey Game this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Pearce Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Sign Rob Bordson - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lightning Recall Mike Angelidis from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Conklin Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Visits OKC, Returns Home to Host Houston for a Pair this Weekend - Texas Stars
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Rob Gronkowski Puck Spike and Special Olympics Torch Lighting Ceremony this Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Recall Nick Schaus - Syracuse Crunch
- Mueller Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Reassign Mike Murphy to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Heat at Rivermen Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.