Charge Select Tyrell Biggs with the 15th Overall Pick in the 2011 NBA Development League DraftNovember 3, 2011 - NBA Development League (D-League) Canton Charge
"It was a great night for us. We accomplished what we set out to do tonight," said Charge Head Coach Alex Jensen. "We are happy with our picks and feel we have a group of hard workers, who have a chance to show us that on the court when training camp starts next week."
Biggs, 25, spent last season split between the Cyprus and Israeli Premier Leagues. The 6-foot-8 forward played 13 games with Achilleas Kaimakliou of the Cypress League and averaged 12.4 points on .537 shooting and 5.8 rebounds in 28.9 minutes per game. In nine games in the Israeli Premier League with Galil Gilboa, Biggs averaged 4.8 points on .481 shooting and 2.1 rebounds in 12.2 minutes.
Biggs attended the University of Pittsburgh, where he played in 141 games (37 starts) during his four-year career with averages of 4.3 points on .476 shooting and 2.9 rebounds in 16.0 minutes per game. Pitt compiled a record of 112-31 (.783) in his four seasons. During his senior season, he stared all 36 games, averaging 6.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game as his team finished the season with a 31-5 record while helping them reach the Elite Eight in the NCAA Tournament.
With the second pick of the fourth round (the 49th overall pick), the Charge selected guard T.J. Campbell from Portland. In 64 games in two years at Portland (2008-10), Campbell averaged 12.4 points on .464 shooting, 2.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists in 31.8 minutes per game. Campbell spent last season playing in both Australia and Turkey. With the 15th pick of the fifth round (78th overall), Canton selected guard/forward Tyrone Kent from the University of Toledo, who averaged 10.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 25.9 minutes per game as a four-year player for the Rockets (2005-09). Kent spent the last two seasons playing in France and Cyprus.
With the second pick of the 6th round (the 81st overall pick), Canton selected forward Travis Franklin from Colorado State, who averaged 9.7 points on .513 shooting, 4.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 22.7 minutes per game. With the 15th pick of the seventh round (the 110th overall pick), the Charge selected guard Harry Marshall from Indiana State. In 109 games with the Sycamores (2006-10), Marshall averaged 9.6 points on .428 shooting, 3.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 27.5 minutes per game. Marshall spent last season playing in Holland. With the team's final pick (2nd pick of the eighth round and 113th pick overall), Canton selected forward Jonathan Blake from Texas Wesleyan. After transferring from Ft. Hays State, Blake played one season with Texas Wesleyan and averaged 13.8 points on .506 shooting in 33 games.
Season tickets are on sale now and start as low as $5 per seat, per game. Season ticket benefits include an invitation to exclusive team events, discounts on official team merchandise, participation in special on-court game night events, access to discounts and special offers at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland and much more. All inaugural season ticket holders are also automatically included as members of the Canton Charge FOUNDERS CLUB and will receive an exclusive Canton Charge winter fleece jacket. FOUNDERS CLUB membership, in addition to regular season ticket holder benefits, also includes a very special and exclusive package of perks that begins this season and continues for all future seasons. Check www.CantonCharge.com for a full listing of Canton Charge FOUNDERS CLUB benefits and information. To secure season tickets or for more general ticket information, fans can call 1-866-444-1944 or visit www.CantonCharge.com.
Unique Fan Experience packages for group outings (20 or more tickets together) are also available for each Charge home game. For more information on special group seating, or to place an initial $100 group payment, call 1-866-444-1944.
NBA Development League Stories from November 3, 2011
- Texas Legends Select Alando Tucker and Jamal Sampson in First Round - Texas Legends
- Energy Select Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Iowa Energy
- Stampede Select Jason Ellis with Team's First Choice - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Select Jamaal Tinsley With First Pick of 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
- Armor Select 7 Players in Tonight's NBA Development League Draft - Springfield Armor
- Charge Select Tyrell Biggs with the 15th Overall Pick in the 2011 NBA Development League Draft - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Select Dayton's Chris Wright in First Round - Maine Red Claws
- 2011 NBA Development League Draft Recap - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tulsa 66ers Add 10 Players in 2011 NBA D-League - Tulsa 66ers
- Mad Ants Select Cameron Jones in First Round of 2011 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Draft Eight Players to Complete Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- 2011 Dakota Wizards Draft Recap - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Announce 2011 NBA Development League Draft Selections, Camp Invitees - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Toros Select Tristan Thompson in the 2011 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Toros
- Austin Toros Trade First Pick for Texas Legends' Justin Dentmon - Austin Toros
- 15 Yr. NBA Veteran Donyell Marshall Named Red Claws Assistant Coach - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Acquire Veteran Forward Graves - Erie BayHawks
- Local Coach Glover Returns to Bighorns, Highlights Coaching Staff - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Announce Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Toros Announce 2011-12 Returning Players and Camp Invitees - Austin Toros
- Legends Re-Sign Booker Woodfox and Dominique Johnson - Texas Legends
- Cisco to Power 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.