Sauter Signs Two More ReturneesAugust 11, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
Forwards Adam Huxley and Matt McKnight are the seventh and eighth players to sign contracts with Idaho for the upcoming season and all eight skated for the Steelheads last season.
"Obviously, I'm aware of what last year's team did on the ice," said Sauter, who is heading into his first season as Idaho's head coach. "But, in doing my research, I've also learned about the quality and character of the players as individuals and I want to retain that core."
McKnight will be entering his third season with the Steelheads. He was acquired from the Las Vegas Wranglers early in the 2008-2009 season and has appeared in 110 regular-season games with Idaho. In that stretch, he has netted 23 goals and added 41 assists and has topped 30 points in each season. The Halkirk, Alberta, native also scored seven points (5 goals, 2 assists) in nine playoff appearances last season as Idaho reached the ECHL's Kelly Cup finals.
Huxley, heading into his eighth season, is coming off his finest campaign as a professional. In his first season with the Steelheads, Huxley scored a career-best 21 points (7 goals, 14 assists) in 60 games while accumulating 210 penalty minutes as the team's primary enforcer. The 26-year-old now has 30 goals in his career to go along with 1,330 penalty minutes at the ECHL level.
The other six players already signed to contracts by Sauter are defensemen Cody Lampl, Weston Tardy, Brendan Milnamow, and Dustin Molle along with forwards Geoff Irwin and Kael Moillierat.
The Steelheads open the regular season on October 15 when they host the Victoria Salmon Kings at Qwest Arena. Ticket plans for the 2010-2011 season are available right now, starting at just $275 per seat for all 36 home games during the regular season. Partial-season plans are also available. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from August 11, 2010
- Road Warriors' Inaugural Game Will be Home Opener - Greenville Road Warriors
- K-Wings Announce Changes to Game Schedule - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slappy Heads to the Opening of Smashburger this Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Blades to Host Greenville in Preseason Games - Florida Everblades
- Royals to Host Town Hall Meeting - Reading Royals
- Rookie Forwards Join Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Expand Coaching Staff - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Re-Sign/Name Jake Gannon Captain - Utah Grizzlies
- Sauter Signs Two More Returnees - Idaho Steelheads
- Roster Construction Continues with a Foreman - Stockton Thunder
- Everblades Add Two More to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Announce Changes to 2010-11 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Toledo Walleye Support Staff - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.