Roster Construction Continues with a Foreman
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and San Jose Sharks, and head coach Matt Thomas announced today the team has signed unrestricted free agent center Jordan Foreman. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Jordan is a player I have been pursuing for the last two seasons and we're thrilled to finally add his toughness, grit and offensive potential to our lineup," said Thomas. "The one thing that really stuck out, when we saw him in Alaska, was his fearlessness. He won't back down from anybody, plays the game hard e ach shift, has a promising offensive upside and is capable of filling a needed role in our style of play."
Foreman, 23, returns to the ECHL after spending last season with the Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League, skating in 30 games while collecting 16 points (7g-9a) and posting 136 penalty minutes.
The 5-foot-10, 185-pound pivot began his professional career skating for the Detroit Red Wings in their 2008 NHL Prospects Tournament and suited up for the Alaska Aces in 2008-09, scoring 14 points (9g-5a) and registering 105 penalty minutes in 40 re gular season games. That season, the Aces advanced to the Kelly Cup Final for the second time in four seasons and advanced to the Conference Final for the fourth time in five years.
Foreman scored four points (2g-2a) in six postseason games last year for Missouri.
The native of Cambridge, Ontario enjoyed a five-year junior career (2003-08) in the Ontario Hockey League with the London Knights and Niagara IceDogs, scoring 157 points (76g-81a) in 240 games and posting 594 penalty minutes. Foreman was a member of London's 2004-05 team that captured the Memorial Cup championship and he tallied six points (3g-3a) and 49 penalty minutes during the postseason.
Foreman had a career-high 62 points (28g-34a) in 65 games with Niagara in 2007-08 and ranked fifth in the OHL with a career-high 215 penalty minutes for London in 2005-06.
"Coming to Stockton is a very exciting opportunity because of many reasons," said Foreman. "I rememb er when I played for Alaska and recalling how much of a competitive club Stockton was with Coach Thomas' fun, hard-nosed style of play. They have players that will do anything it takes to win and it's a contagious attitude. I don't know of a louder, more intimidating barn I've played in than Stockton Arena and I look forward to being on the side of Thunder fans every night."
OPENING NIGHT AND TICKET INFORMATION
Opening Night is Friday, Oct. 15, when the Thunder opens the 2010-11 regular season at home against the Ontario Reign, starting at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena.
The Thunder are freezing Season Ticket Prices for the 2010-11 season, which are on sale now can be purchased by calling (209) 373-1500 or by visiting www.stocktonthunder.com. Thunder Season Ticket Holders enjoy the highest-demanded seating locations in Stockton Arena, preferred parking options, benefits including admission to Season Ticket Holder-only events, discount opportunities on Thunder merchandise, a free e-newsletter, an exclusive gift, admission to the first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs and more. Information on individual and group tickets will be announced soon.
A two-time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," Thunder was voted "Best Local Sports Team" by readers of the San Joaquin Magazine, led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the fifth consecutive season in 2009-10. Season Tickets and mini-plans for 2010-11 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 11, 2010
- Road Warriors' Inaugural Game Will be Home Opener - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Announce Changes to Game Schedule - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slappy Heads to the Opening of Smashburger this Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Blades to Host Greenville in Preseason Games - Florida Everblades
- Royals to Host Town Hall Meeting - Reading Royals
- Rookie Forwards Join Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Expand Coaching Staff - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Re-Sign/Name Jake Gannon Captain - Utah Grizzlies
- Sauter Signs Two More Returnees - Idaho Steelheads
- Roster Construction Continues with a Foreman - Stockton Thunder
- Everblades Add Two More to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Announce Changes to 2010-11 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Toledo Walleye Support Staff - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls