BlueClaws Downed by Legends, 10-3June 16, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Lakewood BlueClaws
Hickory also lost at home to West Virginia, so Lakewood (39-27) stays one game up in first in the South Atlantic League North with four games to go in the first half.
Lexington (34-32) had a 3-2 leading through five, before putting up the biggest offensive display in an inning against the BlueClaws this season.
Eric Massingham was rocked in relief of starter Colby Shreve (4-4), giving up all six runs on five hits. He only registered two outs before being pulled for Mike Bolsenbroek.
Jose Altuve started the scoring with an RBI groundout, and Jiovani Mier followed up with a run-scoring double. With the bases loaded and two outs JD Martinez brought in two with a single, and Jonathan Meyer added another two-run single to extend the lead to 9-2.
The BlueClaws took a 1-0 lead back in the 1st on an RBI groundout by Jonathan Singleton. Lexington came back with three in the 2nd and didn't look back from there.
The BlueClaws got within a run in the 4th on an Anthony Hewitt RBI base hit. Hewitt had half of Lakewood's hits going 3-for-4 on the night.
Juan Minaya (2-7) won his second start in a row for Lexington, limiting Lakewood to two runs on four hits through five innings.
This is just the fourth time in the last 16 games an opponent scored four or more runs against the BlueClaws.
Thursday at 7:05 pm the BlueClaws start a four game series with the Kannapolis Intimidators at FirstEnergy Park. LHP Matt Way (5-4, 3.66) will take on RHP Andre Rienzo (0-2, 6.05).
South Atlantic League Stories from June 16, 2010
- Shorebirds Complete Series Sweep with 8-6 Series Finale Win - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Bark Loud and Proud, Post Season-Highs in Runs, Hits in 15-6 Dismantling of Augusta - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Sweep Doubleheader in Asheville - Hagerstown Suns
- Crawdads Fall to Power, 5-3 - Hickory Crawdads
- Cohoon Does It Again: Tosses Third Consecutive Shutout - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Jackets Pounded in Series Finale, 15-6 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shorebirds Sweep Intimidators, 8-6 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Legends Take Final Game of Lakewood Series, 10-3 - Lexington Legends
- BlueClaws Downed by Legends, 10-3 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Gnats Katz Throws Down for Georgia Mega-Series - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- "Be Your Own Senator" with the Charleston RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- GreenJackets, Sand Gnats Square Off in MEGA Series - Augusta GreenJackets
- Heredia Activated from DL, Arcia Sent to Staten Island - Charleston RiverDogs
- Masters Activated - Rome Braves
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Tickets Remain for Dale Murphy Luncheon This Saturday - Asheville Tourists
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.