Suns-BlueClaws SuspendedMay 27, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Hagerstown Suns
Hagerstown fell behind on two unearned runs in the bottom of the first inning against Suns starter Dan Rosenbaum. The two tallies were the first runs allowed by Rosenbaum in over 20 innings of work.
The Suns rallied against Lakewood starter Jarred Cosart in the fourth inning. With one out, Steven Souza doubled to left field, Brett Newsome walked and Destin Hood singled to right, scoring Souza. Newsome would then score on a single by JP Ramirez, bringing the score to 4-2.
Hood and Ramirez came in on a Sandy Leon double down the right-field line, and the Suns took the lead 5-4 as Leon was driven in on a single by JR Higley.
The score remained 5-4 into the bottom of the fifth inning when the game was suspended due to rain.
The Suns and BlueClaws will finish the game prior to the start of their regularly-scheduled contest in Hagerstown on June 1st at 5:35 p.m.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 27, 2010
- Intimidators Edge Gnats 3-2 Thursday Night - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Power Fall to Lexington, 5-3 - West Virginia Power
- Hickory Defeats Shorebirds, 3-1, to Take Series - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Rally Falls Short Versus RiverDogs, Lose 7-5 - Greenville Drive
- Errors Cost Jackets Chance at Split in 5-4 Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Murphy's Home Run Downs Greenville, 7-5 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Altuve's Homer Helps Legends Get Past West Virginia - Lexington Legends
- Intimidators Hold Lead, Earn Split 3-2 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Crawdads Edge Shorebirds 3-1 in Finale to Win Series - Delmarva Shorebirds
- BlueClaws Game Suspended - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Suns-BlueClaws Suspended - Hagerstown Suns
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Fans Can Vote On SAL All-Stars - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Live Broadcast Of 2010 South Atlantic League All-Star Game - SAL
- Ware Sent To Myrtle Beach - Rome Braves
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- First Nine Innings Of Networking Sold Out For BlueClaws - Lakewood BlueClaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.