Birds Lose Fourth Straight, Fall to 18-24May 21, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Delmarva Shorebirds
The Suns used big innings in both games to build large leads. In game one, the Suns used a five-run fourth inning to pull away from the Birds. In game two, the Suns plated seven runs in the second inning.
Hagerstown game one starter Paul Demny tossed a complete game to earn the win. He surrendered just five hits and a run. Shorebirds starter Luis Noel, who was making his first start of the season, was pinned with the loss in 3.1 innings.
Shane Erb earned the game two win. He came on in the fifth inning and held the Birds scoreless in 1.2 innings pitched. The loss went to Bobby Bundy, who was making his first start of the season.
T.J. Baxter was one of the few bright spots for the Shorebirds in game two. He connected on his first home run since April 14th in the fifth inning. He also had an RBI double to the left field wall in the second inning.
Delmarva plays game four of the series on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. Nathan Moreau makes his second start of the season for Delmarva.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 21, 2010
- Birds Lose Fourth Straight, Fall to 18-24 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Suns Sweep Doubleheader for Six Straight Wins - Hagerstown Suns
- Big third inning helps Legends win, 7-5 - Lexington Legends
- Drive Drop Tough One to GreenJackets, 5-2 - Greenville Drive
- Lakewood earns 8-1 win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Three-Run Ninth Gives Jackets 5-2 Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs Swat Sand Gnats, 9-6 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Add Two to Roster - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Brady Anderson Night Almost Here - Hagerstown Suns
- Legends hold on to beat Greensboro, 7-5 - Lexington Legends
- Tourists Trailed 4-0, but Win 7-6 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- "Let Freedom Ring" Concert Moved To AL Brown Performing Arts Center - Kannapolis Intimidators
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Suns Extend Winning Streak To Four - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.