Pink Day at the ParkMay 9, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
The Rainiers teamed up with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound in an effort to bring awareness to the cause and raise valuable dollars for research, education, and services. $5.05 from each Pink Day ticket sold benefited Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound.
The Rainiers wore specialty pink jerseys throughout the game. Those jerseys were auctioned off during the game and autographed and given to the winning fans afterwards. The jersey auction brought in an additional amount of more than $1600. All of the proceeds benefited Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound.
Pink Day is an annual fundraiser held by the Rainiers at Cheney Stadium.
For more information or to donate to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound, visit www.komenpugetsound.org. For information about the Rainiers or to purchase tickets, call us at (253) 752-7707 or visit www.tacomarainiers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 9, 2010
- 'Topes Survive Sounds, 15-12 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pink Day at the Park - Tacoma Rainiers
- Torra, Aces Shut Down Beavers, 8-1 - Portland Beavers
- Torra Masterful in 8-1 Aces Victory over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut Out by Las Vegas, 4-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose Wild Game to 'Topes, 15-12 - Nashville Sounds
- Bogusevic Powers Express Past Memphis 6-3 - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Down Royals 4-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Defeats Oklahoma City 6 to 1 - Iowa Cubs
- 51s Host the Iowa Cubs & Omaha Royals in 8-Game Homestand from May 11-18 - Las Vegas 51s
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes May 9, 2010 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Armed Forces Honored at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers Rip Las Vegas 8-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Sock Sounds 14-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Portland Slides Past Reno, 5-2 - Reno Aces
- Carrillo pitches into seventh inning to earn second win - Portland Beavers
- Albuquerque Wins 14-2 Over Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Murphy Feels at Home at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.