Cougars Get No-Hit in Cedar RapidsApril 30, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) Kane County Cougars
Krol pitched six innings of four-hit shutout ball with no walks and five strikeouts in his first professional quality start but was overshadowed by Fabio Martinez, Kyle Hurst (3-0) and Mike Kenney of the Kernels. Martinez walked four and fanned nine in five innings as the starter, Hurst walked two in two innings for the win and Kenney logged two perfect innings to end it. The Cougars stranded eight runners, drew six walks, had one hit batsman and saw two players reach on an error but could not manage a hit. They now have been no-hit seven times in their 20-year history.
The game was scoreless through six innings before the Kernels managed a run against Jonathan Joseph (0-1), who was activated from the disabled list before the game and suffered the loss. The Kernels added two unearned runs in the bottom of the eighth to account for the 3-0 final.
The Cougars (11-11) and Kernels (10-12) continue the three-game series Saturday afternoon at 2:05 CT. Dan Straily (2-0, 4.05) will face Patrick Corbin (3-0, 4.73). The game will be broadcast on WBIG 1280-AM and online at www.kccougars.com, with pregame coverage starting at 1:50 p.m.
Midwest League Stories from April 30, 2010
- Bandits Snap Three Game Losing Streak With Walkoff Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps explode for eight in the 8th,rout Lugnuts, 10-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Rally from Six Down for Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Cougars Get No-Hit in Cedar Rapids - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Defeat Hot Rods 6-2 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dyer Continues Strong Start In 2010 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps erupt, upend Lansing, 10-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Struck Throws Rain Shortened No-Hitter Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Struck, Weather Combine to No-Hit Kings - Clinton LumberKings
- 'Caps Open Road Trip With Hard-Fought Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hawks Close April with a 4-2 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Snappers and Ratters Washed Out - Beloit Snappers
- Rain Washes Out Rattlers At Beloit On Friday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Back Super Saver In Derby - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Opening Night Starter Returns From DL - Kane County Cougars
- TrinityMusicFest Coming To Parkview Field - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- Jack Murphy Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Gameday For Friday, April 30 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Reliever Jeff Beliveau Promoted to Daytona - Peoria Chiefs
- Ivan Contreras Joins Kernels from Rancho Cucamonga - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.