Snappers Swat Bees in Rubber GameApril 28, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
The Snappers pounded out 11 hits with four extra base hits three of which via the long ball as they took the rubber game of the three-game series.
Tom Stuifbergen ran his record to 3-0 as he pitched seven innings and struck out five batters with only giving up one earned run, as the bullpen finished off the game with giving up two hits and striking out three batters in two innings.
Reggie Williams had a break out day as he went 3-for-4 with two runs scored and drove in two RBI's.
The "Brodie Trophy Player of the Game" is lead-off man Aaron Hicks who was 2-for-4 with four runs scored and drove in two RBI's with one walk.
The Snappers are now 12-8 and are in second place. The team will have an off day on Thursday and will open a four-game series with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers starting Friday, April 30th at Pohlman Field with first pitch schedule for 6:30PM.
Midwest League Stories from April 28, 2010
- Lugnuts Edge Whitecaps, 2-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trout and Jimenez Shine on Dark Night for Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Nommensen Delivers Three Hits Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Come from Behind to Win 4-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big Bats Back Stanton in Cedar Rapids - Clinton LumberKings
- Rattlers Can't Stop Peoria's Streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Whitecaps Drop Fifth in a Row - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Fall 4-1 to Lake County - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Team Up With Beech Bend Park - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Drop Second Straight In Kane County - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Rally for Wild Walk-Off Win - Kane County Cougars
- Eddie Milner To Join Dragons TV Crew On Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Swat Bees in Rubber Game - Beloit Snappers
- South Bend turns tables, 2-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bullpen Dominates In Silver Hawks 2-1 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Gameday For Wednesday, April 28 - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Celebrating Arbor Day With Tree Planting At Chippewa Nature Center - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Return Home On April 30 For Seven-Game Home Stand - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.