8-4 Grizzlies Home Friday, Saturday, SundayNovember 16, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Utah Grizzlies
The Grizzlies enter the week winners of seven of their last nine games after taking three of four games from Las Vegas last week to run their record on the year to 8-4.
Home For The Holidays
The Grizzlies opened a ten-game home stand Saturday defeating Las Vegas 8-3. Utah is now home through December 5 when they will also welcome Alaska (11/25, 11/27, 11/28), Ontario (12/2, 12/4) and Idaho (12/5). Utah doesn't play another road game until December 11 and 12 when they will head for the streets of Bakersfield.
The Grizzlies have scored at least five goals in six of their twelve games this season; including three games where they have scored at least six, and two games where they have scored at least eight goals.
The Grizzlies lead the ECHL in shooting percentage. 14.5-percent of their shots this year have found the back of the net.
Changing The Tides
The Grizzlies are now 9-2-1-0 in their last 13 games against Las Vegas since November 22, 2008. This after they had a 15-game winless streak against the Wranglers that spanned from November 3, 2007 to November 21, 2008, seeing them go 0-12-1-2. The streak also included the 2008 National Conference Finals.
In Case You Missed It
Ryan Kinasewich tied and overtook Chris Taylor to become the all-time leading scorer in the team's history Saturday with points 278 and 279. He then went on to finish the evening with a hat trick. Kinasewich tied Taylor atop the all-time team lead at 10:29 of the second period on a centering pass to AJ Perry who buried his second of the night to put Utah up 5-1. The Utah captain then fired a shot redirected home by James Sixsmith with 1:11 left in the period to pass Taylor atop the all-time team lead with his 279th point. Kinasewich has put up 280 points in just 191 games with Utah, while Taylor took 278 total contests.
The Talented Mr. Sixsmith
James Sixsmith led the Grizzlies in scoring this past week with three goals and six assists in four games. It marked the first time this year that Ryan Kinasewich did not lead the team in scoring for a week. Kinasewich had three goals and four assists for seven points in four games, including three goals and two assists Saturday night as the team returned to the E-Center.
While the Grizzlies were enjoying the day off Sunday, rookie defenseman Josh Meyers was summoned to pack his bags and head for the airport after being recalled to the Calgary Flames AHL Affiliate in Calgary.
Tuesday: 1230 KJQS; "Grizzlies Live" From Ruby Tuesday, 7-8 p.m.
Friday: 1230 KJQS; Las Vegas at Utah; 6:35 p.m. pre-game, 7:05 p.m. Face-off
Saturday: 1230 KJQS; Las Vegas at Utah; 6:35 p.m. pre-game, 7:05 p.m. Face-off
Sunday: 1230 KJQS; Las Vegas at Utah; 3:35 p.m. pre-game, 4:05 p.m. Face-off
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2009
- Reign To Reschedule Two Upcoming Events - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Visits Ontario Friday, Saturday - Stockton Thunder
- Ryan Kinasewich Loaned To Hamilton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors In The Community: Macenauer At Nichols Elementary On Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings And Heat Swap Goaltenders - Victoria Salmon Kings
- James Sixsmith Loaned To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- AHL Sends One, Takes One From Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings, Steelheads, Stingrays Lead League - ECHL
- Condors Open Six-Game Homestand Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Hit The Road This Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Host Wheeling After Record-Setting Week - Elmira Jackals
- School Day Game Tuesday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- 8-4 Grizzlies Home Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Perfect Week At Home - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Report - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Stingrays Reach Season-High Nine Game Unbeaten Streak - South Carolina Stingrays
- Letestu Becomes 418th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Grant And Haddad Get The Call - Wheeling Nailers
- 40th Nailer Makes It To NHL - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.