Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even RecordNovember 6, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
The Admirals jumped out to a 1-0 lead early in the game on the power play. Paul Szczechura entered the attacking zone along the left wing and feathered a pass to the slot that was collected by Mark Parrish. Parrish netted his second goal of the season at 2:00.
Norfolk's lead doubled late in the opening period. Martins Karsums cut across the ice from the left circle to the right edge of the slot before firing a shot across his body at the right leg pad of Penguins backstop John Curry. The rebound landed in the slot and Matt Syroczynski recorded his first career AHL goal by knocking the puck into the net between the legs of Curry at 16:11.
After a scoreless second period, the Penguins came out with a vengeance in the final frame, out-shooting the Admirals 17-7 in the period. They drew within a goal after pulling Curry for the extra attacker with 1:50 left to play. Luca Caputi collected the rebound of a wide shot in the left corner and centered it to the slot where Ryan Bayda scored.
However, the Admirals did not allow the equalizer as the held on for a 2-1 win.
Dustin Tokarski (31 shots, 30 saves) earned his fifth win of the season. John Curry (27 shots, 25 saves) took the loss.
Norfolk was 1-3 on the power play. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was 0-3.
The Admirals will attempt to make it a perfect four-win road trip tomorrow as they travel to Syracuse for a 7:30 p.m. tilt.
Next week, the Admirals will return to Scope to take on Martin St. Pierre and the Binghamton Senators on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday night, the Admirals will help to celebrate the 234th birthday of the United States Marine Corps with special ceremonies and discounted tickets. Active and retired members of the United States Marine Corps and their dependents can purchase Red Level Tickets through the Admirals Office for just $10. Call (757) 640-1212 to place your order or for more details.
Also, Tuesday and Wednesday mark the return of Admirals mid-week value games. Fans can take advantage of Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night Tickets during every Tuesday and Wednesday night home game. Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights, brought to you by Pit Bull Energy Drink and Baxter's Sports Lounge, provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night. On top of that, you get discounted food at Baxter's Sports Lounge (located right across the street from Scope) on the day of the game.
Admirals Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game. For more details, please visit norfolkadmirals.com.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2009
- First meeting with Toronto ends in loss for Lake Erie - Lake Erie Monsters
- Climie and Texas shutout Manitoba 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Albany comes-back for 5-4 overtime win against Lowell - Albany River Rats
- 'Dogs drop first game in regulation 2-1 to B-Sens - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Beat Sound Tigers - Move Into Third Place In Division - Springfield Falcons
- Groulx-ing End To Nine Round Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight win - Rochester Americans
- Moose shut out in Texas - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats Snap Four-Game Winless-Streak - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Run Winning Streak to Six - Grand Rapids Griffins
- River Rats Rally to Drop Devils in OT, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Falcons fly past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Win in Nine-Round Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens beat Bulldogs 2-1 for second straight win - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Three-Goal Third Period Earns Crunch Hard Fought Point - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins edge Wolves, 5-4 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even Record - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Blank the Bears - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins fall to Wolf Pack 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Three Games In Four Days Packed With Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Meet The Phantoms At UNO Chicago Grill - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Crunch Foundation Prize Wheel - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Heshka From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look For Nine Straight Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Simon Ferguson And Center Bryan Lundbohm - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Pirates Sign Goaltender Nie - Portland Pirates
- Derlago Signs PTO With P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Welcome Wolves Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.