First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join RampageNovember 6, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
Boedker, 19, has appeared in six games for the Coyotes this season. He has also registered one goal and three assists in seven games with San Antonio. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound forward recorded 28 points (11 goals, 17 assists) and 18 penalty minutes (PIM) in 78 games with Phoenix during the 2008-09 season. As a rookie, Boedker ranked 9th on the team overall in scoring while leading all Coyotes rookies in goals, assists, points, games played, shots (116), average time on ice (15:32) and T-2nd among all NHL rookies in game-winning goals (3).
Boedker has appeared in 84 career NHL games, recording 28 points (11 goals, 17 assists) and 18 PIM. He was named the OHL Western Conference's Best Skater while appearing in 62 games for the Kitchener Rangers during the 2007-08 season, recording 73 points (29 goals, 44 assists) and 14 PIM.
Boedker was Phoenix's 1st choice (1st round, 8th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Ross, 20, has recorded one assist in seven games with Las Vegas this season. He appeared in four games with the Rampage during the 2007-08 season, scoring his first professional/AHL goal on April 8, 2008 at Iowa.
The Edmonton, Alberta native has appeared in 288 career WHL games, recording a combined 145 points (33 goals, 112 assists), plus-15 rating and 325 PIM with Vancouver, Kamloops and Regina.
Ross was Phoenix's 2nd choice (1st round, 30th overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Rampage look to add to their "Lone Star Faceoff" standings points tomorrow when they travel to Houston to take on the Aeros at 7:30 p.m. at Toyota Center.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2009
- First meeting with Toronto ends in loss for Lake Erie - Lake Erie Monsters
- Climie and Texas shutout Manitoba 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Albany comes-back for 5-4 overtime win against Lowell - Albany River Rats
- 'Dogs drop first game in regulation 2-1 to B-Sens - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Beat Sound Tigers - Move Into Third Place In Division - Springfield Falcons
- Groulx-ing End To Nine Round Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight win - Rochester Americans
- Moose shut out in Texas - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats Snap Four-Game Winless-Streak - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Run Winning Streak to Six - Grand Rapids Griffins
- River Rats Rally to Drop Devils in OT, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Falcons fly past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Win in Nine-Round Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens beat Bulldogs 2-1 for second straight win - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Three-Goal Third Period Earns Crunch Hard Fought Point - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins edge Wolves, 5-4 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even Record - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Blank the Bears - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins fall to Wolf Pack 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Three Games In Four Days Packed With Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Meet The Phantoms At UNO Chicago Grill - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Crunch Foundation Prize Wheel - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Heshka From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look For Nine Straight Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Simon Ferguson And Center Bryan Lundbohm - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Pirates Sign Goaltender Nie - Portland Pirates
- Derlago Signs PTO With P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Welcome Wolves Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.