Jepsen Heads To Salt Lake, Aldridge Joins TravsJune 10, 2008 - Texas League (TL) - Arkansas Travelers
Jepsen, 23, was dominating over 25 appearances out of the Arkansas bullpen. He held a 1.42 ERA and held batters to a .198 average while posting a 2-1 record. Jepsen whiffed 35 batters in 31.2 innings anchoring the Travs' relief corps. At the time of his promotion Jepsen was working on a string of 10.1 consecutive scoreless innings.
Aldridge, 24, began the season at the Angels' extended spring training complex wrapping up rehab from elbow surgery performed last July. After joining Rancho Cucamonga in mid-May, Aldridge held opponents to no runs over 9.1 innings while saving 5 games. He struck out 11 batters, allowed just 4 hits and walked 2 batters. Selected by the Angels with a 14th round choice in the 2004 draft out of Middle George College, Aldridge posted stellar numbers during the 2006 season at Cedar Rapids with 24 saves in 50 appearances along with a 2.34 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 57 innings.
Texas League Stories from June 10, 2008
- Missions Strike Late, Win 5-4 - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Cards Beat Travs 3-1, Tie For First Place - Arkansas Travelers
- Riders win third straight - Frisco RoughRiders
- Drillers Win Again - Tulsa Drillers
- Cards Back In First Place - Springfield Cardinals
- Jepsen Heads To Salt Lake, Aldridge Joins Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- "Izzy" to Hammons Field on Wednesday - Springfield Cardinals
- Watch Hooks Baseball Live From Frisco Thursday Night - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.