Admirals Sign Three to Amateur TryoutsMarch 22, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals
Skille (pronounced "SKIHL-lee"), 19, is a 6'1", 206 lb. right wing from Madison, Wisconsin. A sophomore at the University of Wisconsin, Skille finished fifth in scoring with eight goals and 10 assists with 12 penalty minutes in 26 games for the Badgers this season.
Skille is a first-round draft pick (7th overall) of the Admirals' NHL parent club, the Chicago Blackhawks, from the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He now has 21 goals and 17 assists with 47 penalty minutes in 65 career games with Wisconsin. Skille will wear #12 for the Admirals.
Dowell (pronounced "DOW-uhl"), 22, is a 5'11", 200 lb. center from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. A teammate of Skille's, Dowell recently finished his collegiate hockey career with University of Wisconsin, leading the Badgers in goals (19) and power play goals (8). In 41 games with Wisconsin this season, the senior posted 19 goals and six assists with 54 penalty minutes and served as the Badgers' alternate captain.
Dowell is a fifth-round draft pick (140th overall) of the Chicago Blackhawks from the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He finished his college career with 154 games - all as a Badger - scoring 42 goals and adding 48 assists with 216 penalty minutes. Dowell will wear #28 for the Admirals.
Both Dowell and Skille have represented the United States in international competition. Among their national accolades, Dowell won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2004 World Junior Championship, while Skille won gold at the 2005 World Under-18 Championship. Dowell and Skille join right wing Adam Burish as former University of Wisconsin Badgers on the Admirals roster.
Lovejoy, 23, is a 6'2", 212 lb. defenseman from Canaan, New Hampshire. He recently finished his college career at Dartmouth College, leading Big Green defensemen in scoring with seven goals and 16 assists for 23 points and 28 penalty minutes in 32 games played. The senior was recently named to the 2006-07 All-Ivy Second Team.
Lovejoy split his collegiate hockey career between Boston College and Dartmouth. In 118 career NCAA games, he registered 11 goals and 49 assists for 60 points and 86 penalty minutes. The blueliner was not drafted by an NHL team. Lovejoy will wear #33 for the Admirals.
The Admirals are on the road for a two-game trip that will take them to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Friday and Binghamton on Saturday. Both games start at 7:05 p.m.
The Admirals return to Scope on Wednesday, March 28, to battle the Philadelphia Phantoms. To purchase tickets to an Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase Admirals ten packs or group tickets, please stop by the Admirals' administrative offices at Scope or call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tickets for the Calder Cup Playoffs will be available starting on Monday, March 26 at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, charge-by-phone at (757) 671-8100 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2007
- River Rats to play four games in 2007-08 in Glens Falls - Albany River Rats
- Pihlman Recalled by New Jersey - Albany Devils
- Gauthier Returns To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Jiri Fischer, Star Wars Highlight Rivalry Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Knights Hire New Director Of Sales - Abbotsford Heat
- Blackhawks sign left winger Jack Skille - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage sign Lee Sweatt to amateur tryout - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Announce Details of April 7 Turning Stone Fan Appreciation Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Going Multi-Cultural Saturday Night vs. Griffins - Manitoba Moose
- Bahensky heads back to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch Announce Details of Wise Foods Nights at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies to hold second annual used hockey equipment sale at Ricoh - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Welcome Back Ellis and Bootland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL relaunches official on-line store - AHL
- Brodziak returns to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Sign Three to Amateur Tryouts - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.