Aric Van Gaalen draftedJune 8, 2005 - Northern League (NL) - Edmonton Capitals
Van Gaalen has appeared in five games with the Cracker-Cats this season after making the team out of training camp. In 12.2 innings of work, Van Gaalen has collected one win and one save with a 1.42 ERA and five strikeouts. His last outing was June 6, where he went two innings without giving up a hit. Van Gaalen has been an integral part of the Cracker-Cats bullpen and he leads the club with a stellar .150 opponents batting average.
Van Gaalen had previously been drafted in 2002 and 2003 by the Toronto Blue Jays but did not sign with the club on both occasions.
The Cracker-Cats next home game will be Friday, June 10 as they host the Winnipeg Goldeyes.
All Friday, Saturday and Sunday Cracker-Cats games are on the air as veteran broadcaster Al Coates calls the games on TEAM 1260. The next broadcast will be June 10.
Seasons tickets are available at the Cracker-Cats office at the ballpark, located at 10233-96 Ave. For more information, please call 423-BALL (2255).
Northern League Stories from June 8, 2005
- Cracker-Cats Top RedHawks 6-4 in 13 Innings - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries Beat Goldeyes 14-5 in First Home Series Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Rain Washes Out Rubber Match of T-Bones-Vipers Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- JackHammers walk-off with a 2-1 victory - Joliet JackHammers
- Saltdogs take sixth straight - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Unlucky seven for Flyers - Schaumburg Flyers
- Six-run eighth lifts Explorers, 12-11 - Sioux City Explorers
- Cracker-Cats defeat RedHawks, 6-4, in 13 innings - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats Lose Pitchers' Duel - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Leon' to start on Friday - Schaumburg Flyers
- Aric Van Gaalen drafted - Edmonton Capitals
- RailCats Announce Trade - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones To Serve T-Bones Thursday Night - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.