Game Keys - The Zephyrs offense continued to score runs on Tuesday night in Nashville. The Z's defeated the host Nashville Sounds 6-1 on a rainy night at Greer Stadium. New Orleans won its third consecutive game.
Jai Miller drilled a solo home run added another hit and reached base on a pair of walks to lead the way for the Zephyrs. Clay Hensley started for the Zephyrs and left in the second inning with a groin injury. The Zephyrs bullpen picked him up as Jay Buente worked three innings for the win. The Z's used five pitchers to get the job done.
Nashville starter Lindsey Gulin walked nine batters in two innings allowing two runs and suffered the loss.
Game Notes: Manager Edwin Rodriguez has been suspended by the Pacific Coast League for five games starting Tuesday evening. The league has suspended the Zephyrs manager for his actions in two separate ejections on Saturday night's games at Zephyr Field. The Z's interim skipper will be hitting coach Steve Phillips. During the recent losing 13 game streak the Zephyrs scored an average of 3 runs per game. The Z's are scoring 9 runs a game in the three game winning streak. The game started :33 minutes late due to rain in Nashville, it was the 11th rain delay of the season for the Z's.
Coming Up: The Zephyrs and Sounds meet for a Wednesday matinee at 12 noon. The Z's will start RH Andrew Miller against LH Chris Narveson. RADIO: AM 690 WIST
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 28, 2009
- Romero, Arencibia Lead Three Hit Shutout Over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Haeger Hamstrings 'Hawks in 6-2 Complete-Game Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Z's Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Open Homestand With 6-1 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Rip Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks at Isotopes Tonight - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Strike Out Breast Cancer, Bark in the Park, Paul Revere and the Raiders Top Beavers Homestand - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs hosting Hornets Night this Sunday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sarpy County Stadium Groundbreaking Scheduled - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Hang On For 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.