Sarpy County Stadium Groundbreaking Scheduled
Omaha Royals President Alan Stein and Sarpy County Board of Commissioners chairwoman Joni Jones announced today the Royals and Sarpy County will hold a groundbreaking on the site of the new ballpark on Wednesday, August 12. Government officials from Sarpy County and the greater Omaha metro area will be on hand for the groundbreaking. The event is open to the public. Typical baseball fare will be served and there will be special attractions for members of Little League teams who attend the event.
WHO: Omaha Royals President, Alan Stein; Sarpy County Board of Commissioners Chair Joni Jones
WHERE: The Schewe Farm site-- 126th & Highway 370 (Parking is available at Papillion - La Vista High School with shuttle bus service)
WHEN: Wednesday, August 12 - 6:05 p.m.
WHY: Break ground on the site of the new Triple-A Baseball stadium located in Sarpy County
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 28, 2009
- Romero, Arencibia Lead Three Hit Shutout Over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Haeger Hamstrings 'Hawks in 6-2 Complete-Game Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Z's Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Open Homestand With 6-1 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Rip Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks at Isotopes Tonight - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Strike Out Breast Cancer, Bark in the Park, Paul Revere and the Raiders Top Beavers Homestand - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs hosting Hornets Night this Sunday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sarpy County Stadium Groundbreaking Scheduled - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Hang On For 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.