Redbirds Rip Round Rock
MEMPHIS, TN - The Memphis Redbirds continued their power binge Tuesday night at AutoZone Park hitting seven home runs in a 14-5 win over Round Rock.
Memphis hit a season-best five home runs in a loss at New Orleans yesterday but equaled the Redbirds franchise record set in 2004 and the Memphis professional baseball record with seven homers on Tuesday night. Six of the home runs came from three players. Tyler Greene, Allen Craig and Khalil Greene all hit two homers with Jon Jay's two-run shot in the sixth tying the record. Jay also tied the Redbirds franchise record with five hits and four runs scored becoming the first Redbird to collect five hits since Edgar Gonzalez in 2007. The two teams combined for a Redbirds record 10 home runs in the game with Mark Saccomanno, Yordany Ramirez and Polin Trinidad all hitting solo homers for Round Rock in the loss.
Trey Hearne picked up the win in his Triple-A debut for Memphis allowing three runs on five hits while striking out six over seven innings. Trinidad took the loss giving up nine runs on 10 hits, including six home runs, in five innings of work.
The Redbirds and Express continue their series tomorrow night with first pitch slated for 7:05 p.m. Adam Ottavino gets the ball for the Birds with Round Rock sending Bud Norris to the hill.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 28, 2009
- Romero, Arencibia Lead Three Hit Shutout Over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Haeger Hamstrings 'Hawks in 6-2 Complete-Game Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Z's Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Open Homestand With 6-1 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Rip Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks at Isotopes Tonight - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Strike Out Breast Cancer, Bark in the Park, Paul Revere and the Raiders Top Beavers Homestand - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs hosting Hornets Night this Sunday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sarpy County Stadium Groundbreaking Scheduled - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Hang On For 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Ponce de Leon Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Month