World Record Holder Bill Clark Set to Break His Own Record at NYSEG Stadium
Binghamton, NY - Local teacher and power lifter, Bill Clark is set to attempt to break his own personal Guinness World Record for most license plates ripped in half in sixty seconds at NYSEG Stadium on Thursday, August 27th. Clark will attempt to break his current record of 23 license plates torn in half in sixty seconds which was set on August 22, 2018; an attempt that will also be about giving back to the community at the same time.
"Guinness approached me and asked me if I might be interested in breaking my current record of 23 license plates after seeing their video of my previous record top over 3 million views on YouTube. At first I was reluctant given the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak; however, then I started to think how could I use this event to raise some money for the frontline workers as well as raise the spirits of those who continue to serve our community. I approached the Rumble Ponies and we immediately began planning for me to try to break my record, raise some money for charity, as well as have a limited amount of Frontline Workers present at the event."
Bill Clark and the Rumble Ponies have teamed up to offer a commemorative shirt for the attempt with proceeds from all shirt sales going to Make a Wish of Central NY. Shirts can be purchased on the Rumble Ponies website ( www.BINGRP.com ) or by calling the business office. Additionally, proceeds will be raised as plates ripped by Bill will be autographed and auctioned off after the World Record Attempt.
"When I met Bill I could see how committed he was to his craft and the community in large" said John "JB' Bayne, "This will great for the Binghamton area and we are happy to be aligned with such a prestigious event".
The Rumble Ponies plan to live stream the event on Facebook starting at 6:50 PM on Thursday, August 27th.
The Binghamton Rumble Ponies are the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Mets. For more information follow along with the Ponies on Facebook facebook.com/RumblePoniesBB, or on Twitter at @RumblePoniesBB.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 13, 2020
- World Record Holder Bill Clark Set to Break His Own Record at NYSEG Stadium - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Flying Squirrels July 4th Celebration Honored as MiLB's July Promotion of the Month - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 16U All-Stars Selected from Rip It Showcase - Reading Fightin Phils
- Hadlinks Golf Club to Return September 11th-12th - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Rumble Ponies Stories
- De La Cruz Terrific, But Ponies Come up Short against Sea Dogs
- Ponies Fall Short against Sea Dogs at Mirabito
- Ponies Drop Nail Biter to Sea Dogs in Extras
- 100% Funn at 100% Capacity in Mirabito Stadium
- Ponies Fall to Sea Dogs in Series Opener at Mirabito