Wolves Surge in Third Period to Defeat Dashers
The Watertown Wolves rallied in the third period to take a 2-0 lead in their three-game series with Danville Dashers in the Watertown Municipal Arena Saturday Evening for their Relay for Life Night.
After a scoreless first period, the Dashers took a 2-1 in the second. Danville's Justin Brausen was the first player get the puck in the net. Lane King tied the game up with assists from Tyler Gjurich and Chris Leveille. The Wolves found themselves in defensive trouble when defense-men Kyle Powell and Christian Whitcomb were sent to the box, putting the Wolves in a 3-on-5 penalty kill. Fred Hein capitalized on the advantage to put the Dashers back in the lead.
Liam Little's holding penalty would lead to the beginning of a a surge of goals by the Wolves. Chris Leveille's power play goal tied the game for Watertown. Tyler Prendergast and Lane King each notched a goal for the Wolves before Brandon Contratto got another goal for the Dashers. Leveille snagged a second goal at the 13:00 mark. Danville's Patrik Zilak scored the final goal of the night. The Dashers decision to pull net-minder Matt Kaludis for an extra attacker did not bear any fruit, and the final score remained 5-4 Watertown.
Leveille's three points including the game-winning goal earned him the first star of the game. Lane King was awarded the second star for his two goals. Kyle Powell was the third star of the game with two assists.
The Wolves and Dashers wrap up their three-game series at the Watertown Municipal Arena Sunday, March 24th with a 6:30 pm puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Prowlers Top Ice Breakers For Fourth Straight Win - Port Huron Prowlers
- Wolves Surge in Third Period to Defeat Dashers - Watertown Wolves
- Cicmanec's Last Second Goal Gives Carolina Weekend Sweep of Elmira - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Mac Is Back - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Kalinin and Otter Pull Wolves Past Dashers in Shootout - Watertown Wolves
- Prowlers Take Down Ice Breakers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Enforcers Taken Down by Thunderbirds, 6-1 - Elmira Enforcers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.