Enforcers Taken Down by Thunderbirds, 6-1
The Enforcers headed down to Carolina one final time this season for a two game set as they set for a possible playoff matchup against the number one team in the league. Though Elmira had a few notable scratches in the lineup the Enforcers still saw it as a playoff preview. With the number one and number two teams in the squaring off it has been a very exciting matchup and we were set for nothing less this weekend.
The first period saw plenty of excitement as both teams were able to score on the power play. Carolina at 4:49 as Chase Fallis smacked a rebound by Nick Niedert to give the Thunderbirds a lead. Anton Lennartsson answered back just under two minutes later while the Enforcers were on a power play thanks to a delay of game penalty to Carolina's goal scorer Fallis. Just past the five minute remaining mark Petr Panacek was able to give the Thunderbirds back the lead ending the first period 2-1.
The second period started with a powerplay for the Enforcers, but they were unable to do anything with it. Throughout the second period Elmira was only able to add four more shots to their total. Carolina was able to add another goal to their column as Peter Cicmanec took a pass from Michael Bunn and put it right behind Niedert. The Enforcers had twenty minutes to get back into this one.
Though the Enforcers knew what they had to do, but after coming out for the third period Elmira couldn't find a way to help themselves as they put up just another six shots on goal, while Fallis scored his second, Taylor Love, and Josh Pietrantonio also added goals to close it out 6-1.
These two teams matchup again tomorrow night as the Enforcers try to find a way to beat the most dominant team in the FHL this season as they meet up for the final time. Tune in on ElmiraEnforcers.com starting at 5:50 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Prowlers Top Ice Breakers For Fourth Straight Win - Port Huron Prowlers
- Wolves Surge in Third Period to Defeat Dashers - Watertown Wolves
- Cicmanec's Last Second Goal Gives Carolina Weekend Sweep of Elmira - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Mac Is Back - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Kalinin and Otter Pull Wolves Past Dashers in Shootout - Watertown Wolves
- Prowlers Take Down Ice Breakers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Enforcers Taken Down by Thunderbirds, 6-1 - Elmira Enforcers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.