Mac Is Back
Winston-Salem, NC - Former NHL player Steve MacIntyre has signed a celebrity contract with the Carolina Thunderbirds.
MacIntyre's appearance will tie in with the Thunderbirds efforts to raise money for the American Cancer Society as part of their cancer awareness night tonight against the Enforcers.
In a corresponding move, head coach Andre Niec has been released from his celebrity contract.
MacIntyre played in 12 games last year with the Thunderbirds registering seven points (2G-5A) and 88 PIMs. His professional career began in 2001 and has taken him, among other places, to the NHL where he has appeared in games for the Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers and Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Thunderbirds are taking on the Elmira Enforcers tonight on Cancer Awareness Night brought to you by Mac and Nellie's. Puck drop is at 6:05 P.M. with a 5:40 pregame show on the Carolina Thunderbirds Broadcast Network.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Prowlers Top Ice Breakers For Fourth Straight Win - Port Huron Prowlers
- Wolves Surge in Third Period to Defeat Dashers - Watertown Wolves
- Cicmanec's Last Second Goal Gives Carolina Weekend Sweep of Elmira - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Mac Is Back - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Kalinin and Otter Pull Wolves Past Dashers in Shootout - Watertown Wolves
- Prowlers Take Down Ice Breakers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Enforcers Taken Down by Thunderbirds, 6-1 - Elmira Enforcers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.