Wolves Host Spirit and 67's in Double Header Action
(Greater Sudbury, ON) The Sudbury Wolves are back in action at home this Friday and Sunday for double-header Wolves Hockey action! The Wolves host the Saginaw Spirit Friday at 7:05pm in part two of Crossover Week, before hitting the ice once again on Sunday to host the top ranked team in the CHL, the Ottawa 67's at 2:05pm.
The Wolves continue to lead the Central Division as they picked up two wins last week over the Sarnia Sting and Niagara IceDogs before falling to the Peterborough Petes in a tough match-up on Family Day Monday. Matej Pekar picked up four points on the weekend including his second hat-trick in 9 days, while Blake Murray picked up 6 points including a hat-trick on Friday over the Sting.
The Saginaw Spirit currently sit second in the Western Conference with a record of 37-16-1-1 through 54 games. The Spirit are led up front by top NHL prospect Cole Perfetti who sits just three points shy of 100 on the season through 53 games. New York Islanders prospect Cole Coskey sits second in team scoring with 70 points, while Sudbury native Damien Giroux will also make his return to Sudbury. The Minnesota Wild prospect sits third in team scoring with 59 points in 53 games.
Friday's game is sponsored by College Boreal who will be on hand with tons of prizes and giveaways throughout the game including 5 lucky fans will win $1000 bursaries to the college. It's TGIF Friday, so fans are encouraged to come down to the arena between 6pm and 6:30pm to take advantage of $3 tall boys, $2 hot dogs and $1 popcorn. Game worn jerseys on will be auctioned off in support of Jumpstart.
Sunday, the high-flying Ottawa 67's make their one and only appearance of the regular season in Sudbury. The 67's lead the OHL with 85 points and a record of 42-9-0-1. The 67's are led up front by OHL leading scorer Marco Rossi who has picked up 33 goals and 66 assists for 99 points in 46 games. The 67's roster features five NHL prospects including New Jersey Devils prospects Mitchell Hoelscher, Graeme Clarke, Nikita Okhotyuk and Kevin Bahl.
Sunday's game is sponsored by Teacher's Life and CMHA Talk Today. Visit their booth in the lower lobby to receive a free Sudbury Wolves Talk Today Pop Socket as well as enter your name in a draw for the chance to win a team autographed hockey stick. It's Junior Wolves Sunday so bring your skates and lace up with members of the Wolves following the game.
Great seats are still available for both games. Don't miss out on exciting Wolves Hockey action as they make their push for the playoffs! Tickets are on-sale now at greatersudbury.ca/tickets and sudburywolves.com.
For more information, visit sudburywolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2020
- Firebirds Are Internationally Ranked 10th in CHL - Flint Firebirds
- Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings Unveiled - OHL
- Preview: Firebirds Look to Continue Winning-Ways Thursday vs. Niagara - Flint Firebirds
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending February 17 - Peterborough Petes
- Ottawa Poses Tough Test - North Bay Battalion
- Registration Now Open for 2020 Future Generals Hockey Camp - Oshawa Generals
- Firebirds Host Kitchener for UAW / United Way Night Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Wolves Host Spirit and 67's in Double Header Action - Sudbury Wolves
- Win a 50-Inch TV at Thursday's Game against the Bulldogs - Peterborough Petes
- Mississauga Steelheads to Host Mental Health Awareness Game in Partnership with CMHA Peel Dufferin, Presented by Teachers Life - Mississauga Steelheads
- United Way Brings #UNIGNORABLE Campaign to the Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Spitfires Drop Game at Home, 6-4 to Sarnia - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.