Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending February 17
(Peterborough, ON) - The Peterborough Petes are excited to be recognizing deserving local minor hockey players with 'Player of the Week' awards.
Each week the Petes will recognize one of their own players, along with players from the PMHC, PHA, PGHA, and local adaptive hockey organizations. Selected recipients will receive tickets to an upcoming Petes game, social media recognition, a certificate of recognition, and other prizes.
Peterborough Petes Player of the Week: Zach Gallant
In Gallant's last three games, the captain registered two goals in a 7-3 loss against Windsor on Thursday, February 13 and scored the game winning goal as the Petes skated to a 5-3 victory in Owen Sound on Saturday, February 15. The San Jose Sharks prospect continued to contribute offensively as he scored twice and assisted on Nick Robertson's game winning goal in a 5-2 win on Family Day against the Sudbury Wolves. Gallant is currently having his career-best season as the centre has racked up 29 goals and 54 points.
Minor Hockey Player of the Week: Declan Ready (PMHC)
Ready is described as a true leader in the dressing room on the Minor Peewee AAA Petes by constantly communicating with his teammates and his never-ending work ethic goes unnoticed. He helped his team achieve their goal of making the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) playoffs for the fourth year in a row and the team seeks a deep run in the playoffs as they take on the Whitby Wildcats in round two.
Minor Hockey Player of the Week: Mathew Colling (PHA)
As the lone goaltender for the Minor Atom AA team, Colling has been pronominal for the entire season. This past weekend, he backstopped his team to clinching a 4-1 series win over North Durham and his confidence carried into the semi-finals as he shut out Belleville 3-0 in game one.
The Petes welcome coaches, volunteers, parents, and other spectators to nominate deserving local minor hockey athletes by filling out this form.
Single game tickets for all Petes regular season home games are now on sale at the PMC Grant Thornton Box office in person, by phone at (705) 743-3561, or online. To view the Petes' full schedule, click here.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2020
- Firebirds Are Internationally Ranked 10th in CHL - Flint Firebirds
- Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings Unveiled - OHL
- Preview: Firebirds Look to Continue Winning-Ways Thursday vs. Niagara - Flint Firebirds
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending February 17 - Peterborough Petes
- Ottawa Poses Tough Test - North Bay Battalion
- Registration Now Open for 2020 Future Generals Hockey Camp - Oshawa Generals
- Firebirds Host Kitchener for UAW / United Way Night Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Wolves Host Spirit and 67's in Double Header Action - Sudbury Wolves
- Win a 50-Inch TV at Thursday's Game against the Bulldogs - Peterborough Petes
- Mississauga Steelheads to Host Mental Health Awareness Game in Partnership with CMHA Peel Dufferin, Presented by Teachers Life - Mississauga Steelheads
- United Way Brings #UNIGNORABLE Campaign to the Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Spitfires Drop Game at Home, 6-4 to Sarnia - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Nick Robertson and Mason McTavish Named to OHL All-Star Teams
- Petes to Kick off 2020 Esports NHL 20 Tournament Tonight
- Nick Robertson Named OHL's Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year Presented by Ashley HomeStore
- Sam Alfano and Justin DeZoete Commit to Peterborough Petes
- First Round Pick Donovan McCoy Commits to Peterborough Petes