Wizards Fall to the Skyforce
BISMARCK, ND - The Sioux Falls Skyforce used a 12 - 0 run midway through the fourth quarter to come from behind and defeat the Dakota Wizards 119-117 at the Bismarck Civic Center.
The Skyforce (29-19) were sparked off the bench by guards Robert Hite and Will Blalock who combined for 53 points (28 and 25 respectfully). Blalock, on assignment from the Detroit Pistons, who scored 20 of his 25 points in the second half nailed a clutch jumper in the middle of the lane with only 1.6 seconds left to put the Skyforce ahead. Forward Quemont Greer was unable to get a shot off at the final buzzer to seal the Wizard fate.
Poor free-throw shooting down the stretch hampered the Wizards. Dakota connected on only 21 of their 32 attempts from the charity stripe, including 5 for 12 in the fourth quarter.
Forward Renaldo Major's 22 points led the Wizards, who fall to 30-17 on the season. Greer finished the contest with 17 points, while guards Dontell Jefferson and Corey Williams both finished with 14 points.
The Wizards finish the regular season on Tuesday when the Arkansas Rimrockers come back to the Civic Center FOR A 7:00 tip off. Sioux Falls hits the road once again to face divisional rival Flyers in Ft. Worth on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 7, 2007
- Williams Beats Buzzer in Thrilling Victory - Anaheim Arsenal
- Idaho earns a first round bye in the 2007 NBA Development League Playoffs - Idaho Stampede
- Jam Suffers from Loss of Key Players - Bakersfield Jam
- Flyers Score Season High 136 in Win! - Fort Worth Flyers
- Arkansas Victorious in Home Finale - Arkansas RimRockers
- Wizards Fall to the Skyforce - Dakota Wizards
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.