Wings Deal with Aces Sunday on ESPN2
The Dallas Wings (2-1) look to continue its win streak Sunday at 5 p.m. CT when they take on the Las Vegas Aces (1-2) on ESPN2. Dallas' rookies shined in a 76-73 comeback win against the Indiana Fever Friday night. The 2020 draft class, led by a career-first double-double of 23 points and 17 board from Satou Sabally, collected 36 points, 22 rebounds and six assists. Tyasha Harris and Bella Alarie added seven and eight points, respectively. Sabally became the first rookie in franchise history to have 20 points and 15 rebounds in a single game.
Harris continues to distribute the ball all around the court for the Wings, handing out a total of 15 assists through three games, the most of the players selected in this year's draft, the second most amongst rookies and tied for the fourth of any player in the league. The former South Carolina Gamecock became the eighteenth rookie in the history of the league to accumulate 15 assists through her first three professional games.
Arike Ogunbowale and Kayla Thornton were key contributors to Dallas' second win, chipping in 15 and 11 individually. Ogunbowale has totaled 15 or more points in her last 16 games and Thornton was just one rebound shy of a double-double. After scoring 90 points in its first two contests, the Wings lowest scoring affair of the season came off a night when they just less than 40 percent, the tenth such win in the last five seasons.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2020
- Fever and Dream Meet for First Time on Sunday Afternoon - Indiana Fever
- Aces Look to Get Back to .500, Sunday, with 3 Pm PT Tip against Dallas - Las Vegas Aces
- Lindsay Allen Returns to Aces Following Second Straight Negative COVID-19 Test - Las Vegas Aces
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Deal with Aces Sunday on ESPN2 - Dallas Wings
- Sabally and Rookies Shine in 76-73 Comeback against Fever - Dallas Wings
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Notes - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Erase 23-Point Deficit, But Can't Complete Comeback in 102-95 Loss at Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.