Lindsay Allen Returns to Aces Following Second Straight Negative COVID-19 Test
BRADENTON, FL - Las Vegas Aces General Manager Dan Padover announced today that guard Lindsay Allen recorded her second consecutive negative COVID-19 test after receiving an "inconclusive positive result" 48 hours earlier. Per league protocol, Allen was permitted to rejoin the team today at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, and took part in the Aces' afternoon practice.
Under the safety procedures outlined by the WNBA and WNBPA, an inconclusive positive result makes no conclusive determination as to whether the person does or does not have COVID-19, but requires isolation of the player while awaiting the results of the two follow-up tests, which needed to be administered at least 24 hours apart.
Allen was forced to miss the Aces game Friday evening against the Phoenix Mercury, which Las Vegas lost, 102-95.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2020
- Fever and Dream Meet for First Time on Sunday Afternoon - Indiana Fever
- Aces Look to Get Back to .500, Sunday, with 3 Pm PT Tip against Dallas - Las Vegas Aces
- Lindsay Allen Returns to Aces Following Second Straight Negative COVID-19 Test - Las Vegas Aces
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Deal with Aces Sunday on ESPN2 - Dallas Wings
- Sabally and Rookies Shine in 76-73 Comeback against Fever - Dallas Wings
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Notes - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Erase 23-Point Deficit, But Can't Complete Comeback in 102-95 Loss at Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.