Fever and Dream Meet for First Time on Sunday Afternoon
The Indiana Fever and Atlanta Dream meet for a Sunday matinée at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
Despite a record-setting 11 assists for rookie guard Julie Allemand last time out, the Fever will be looking to get back on track against Atlanta. The bench scoring aided Indiana against Dallas with forward Stephanie Mavunga also tying a career-best 10 points in relief of Natalie Achonwa, who left the game in the second quarter with a right hamstring injury.
The Dream took down New York on Friday night, 84-78, behind 30 points from Betnijah Laney on 11-of-18 shooting.
Rookie guard Chennedy Carter is averaging 15.3 points per game in her young Dream career, after being selected with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft.
HOW TO WATCH:
Sunday's game will be streamed live at no cost to fans at FeverBasketball.com, on the Indiana Fever's Facebook page, or via the Fever app. Pat Boylan will be joined by Bria Goss and will bring you the action from Indianapolis.
The game will also be available to watch on NBA TV.
OUT - Natalie Achonwa (Right Hamstring), Erica Wheeler (WNBA Medical Protocol)
STAT TO KNOW
The Fever currently lead the league in team free throw shooting percentage at 86.9% (53/61) on the young season. Tiffany Mitchell (15/15), Kelsey Mitchell (6/6), Julie Allemand (3/3), Natalie Achonwa (2/2) and Kennedy Burke (2/2) have yet to miss from the line this season.
After two days off, the Fever return to face the Los Angeles Sparks on Wednesday at 10 p.m. for the first of two meetings this season.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2020
- Fever and Dream Meet for First Time on Sunday Afternoon - Indiana Fever
- Aces Look to Get Back to .500, Sunday, with 3 Pm PT Tip against Dallas - Las Vegas Aces
- Lindsay Allen Returns to Aces Following Second Straight Negative COVID-19 Test - Las Vegas Aces
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Deal with Aces Sunday on ESPN2 - Dallas Wings
- Sabally and Rookies Shine in 76-73 Comeback against Fever - Dallas Wings
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Notes - Phoenix Mercury
- Aces Erase 23-Point Deficit, But Can't Complete Comeback in 102-95 Loss at Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.