Windy City Pulls Away from Boomers
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, suffered 7-1 setback at the hands of the Windy City ThunderBolts on Saturday night.
A pitcher's duel for most of the contest, Windy City scratched across single runs in the fourth and sixth against Schaumburg starter Gunnar Kines. Kines worked six innings and allowed just two runs but suffered the loss despite surrendering just three hits with a walk and seven strikeouts. The visitors scored five times on five hits in the seventh to pull away. Matt Rose hit his league best 11th homer of the year in the eighth to account for the lone Schaumburg tally. The Boomers left eight on base, six of which came in the first four innings against Kenny Mathews, who earned the win for Windy City with six blank frames.
Five different individuals posted hits for the Boomers. Jack Parenty extended his hitting streak to 13 games and Rose added to his on-base streak, which now sits at 17. Quincy Nieporte appeared on the mound, working a perfect ninth.
The Boomers (30-28) cap the opening series of the homestand with the rubber game on Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. LHP Connor Reed (2-5, 3.56) takes the ball for the Boomers against RHP Cole Bellair (2-2, 4.56). The first 1,500 fans through the gates will receive a Boomers hat courtesy of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Crushers Comeback in Game Two to Win the Series - Lake Erie Crushers
- Miners Lose Doubleheader to Rascals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Vail Sets Franchise Record in Otters' Win - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Fall 3-2 in Joliet - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Fall to Otters in Middle Game - Florence Freedom
- Austin Allows Two Runs Or Fewer for 6th Straight Start in Washington Loss - Washington Wild Things
- Windy City Pulls Away from Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts Pull Away for Win at Schaumburg - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Slammers Fend off Grizzlies; Win 3-2 - Joliet Slammers
- Tyler Gibson Inked by Cincinnati Reds - Florence Freedom
- Freedom Win Series Opener over Otters - Florence Freedom
- Grizzlies Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Comeback Falls Short as Freedom Win 9-6 - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.