Windy City Falls at Home to Raptors 905, 113-96
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, fell at home to Raptors 905 Wednesday afternoon, 113-96.
The Raptors leapt out to an early 7-2 lead in a tightly contested first quarter on the final Education Day of the season for the Windy City Bulls.
The Bulls shot well from the field to start, led by Milton Doyle with ten points in the opening 12 minutes, including two three-pointers.
Leading the way for the 905 was Raptors Two-Way player Oshae Brissett with nine first-quarter points.
The shooting touch cooled for Windy City in the second quarter as Brissett finished the half with 20 points, three rebounds, three assists and one steal, leading the 905 on an 18-6 run to take 54-36 advantage into the break.
Former Marquette Golden Eagle Henry Ellenson contributed ten points and eight rebounds for the 905 in the opening 24 minutes.
Doyle finished the opening two quarters with 14 points and three assists for the Bulls. On assignment from the Denver Nuggets, Keita Bates-Diop out of Bloomington, Illinois had six first-half points to go with six rebounds in his debut with Windy City.
The Bulls opened the second half on a 10-2 run but could ultimately trim the Raptor's lead by just two as the 905 led 84-68 at the end of three.
Windy City cut the lead to as few as 11 in the final frame, but the Raptors used a strong defensive effort and a 52-43 rebounding advantage to close out their 19th victory on the year.
Heading up the scoring for the 905 were Brissett with 26 points, six rebounds and four assists, Ellenson with 20 points and 14 rebounds, and Tyler Ennis with 19 points, ten assists and three steals.
Leading the way for the Bulls was Bates-Diop with 25 points and 11 rebounds in just under 30 minutes of action, and Doyle with 18 points, six assists and two steals.
Windy City (16-24) will host the Capital City Go-Go at Sears Centre Arena on Friday night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2020
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory - Long Island Nets
- Hustle Unable to Overcome Slow Start, Fall to Oklahoma City 121-113 in Wednesday Matinee - Memphis Hustle
- Cavaliers Sign Sir'Dominic Pointer to 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Celebrates Local Heroes with Second Annual Boots vs. Badges Game - Wisconsin Herd
- Lakeland Magic & Florida Tropics Present: Lakeland Sports Weekend - Lakeland Magic
- Charge Tame Herd in Double OT - Canton Charge
- Herd's Three-Game Winning Streak Ends in Double Overtime Thriller - Wisconsin Herd
- Windy City Falls at Home to Raptors 905, 113-96 - Windy City Bulls
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Texas Night and Hoops N Hounds Games this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- College Park Skyhawks Join College Park Elementary for 'Read Across America Day' - College Park Skyhawks
- Cam Payne Campaigns in the Capital - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Fall to Texas Legends 124-119 - Austin Spurs
- Rodriguez's Huge Dunk Overshadowed by Late Loss to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112