Windsor Sweeps Home and Home against London
(LONDON, ON) The Express increased their hold on top spot in the Central Conference with a 111-93 victory on Thursday night at Budweiser Gardens in London.
Quinnel Brown led in scoring for Windsor (19-7), with Tony Bennett (20) and Ryan Anderson (14) following up.
Anderson had a game high five steals and Bennett added seven assists.
Windsor outscored London (13-11) 22-19 in the first quarter, followed by a tied 23-23 second frame before the Express capitalized on the Lightning turnovers to give the Express a 79-66 lead after the third quarter.
Emmanuel Little was lead in scoring for the Lightning with 25 points, along with Marvin Phillips who contributed 20 points.
The Express now hold a record of 6-7 on the road.
Windsor now has a five game lead in the NBL Central Conference with six games left in the regular season.
The Lightning have eight games remaining.
The Express head out East for the last time this regular season to take on the Halifax Rainmen at the Scotiabank Centre, on Sunday February 8th. Game time is at 1:00 pm.
Windsor's next home game is also against the Lightning, on Friday, February 13th at 7:00pm at the WFCU Centre.
Individual, season and flex pack tickets are available at www.windsorexpress.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 6, 2015
- Halifax Squeaks by Brampton to Earn Third Straight Victory - Halifax Rainmen
- A's Lose Fourth Straight to Rainmen - Orangeville A's
- Beat the Snowy Blues Tonight with Your Halifax Rainmen - Halifax Rainmen
- Big Weekend for Island Storm and Fans - Island Storm
- Windsor Sweeps Home and Home against London - Windsor Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.