Williamson Solid to Start July
El Paso, TX - The Laredo Lemurs (24-18) starting pitcher Fabian Williamson (4-1) strikes out a season high eleven batters, to lead the team to a 9-4 win over the El Paso Diablos (10-34), Tuesday night at Cohen Stadium in El Paso, Texas.
Altogether Williamson threw seven, giving up two runs, on six hits, with two walks, and eleven strikeouts, to earn his fourth win of the season. Williamson retired the side on order four times working his longest outing of the year.
The Lemurs and Diablos were all tied up at two apiece when the Lemurs got hot in the eighth. With one out the Lemurs saw Mike Sheridan earn a walk that was followed by a Harrison Kain double to put runners on second and third. Jimmy Mojica would hit into a fielder's choice to score Sheridan and give the Lemurs a 3-2 lead. John Alonso pitched in next, doubling to right center to score Kain, and Mojica and give the Lemurs a 5-2 lead. Three more runs would score in the frame to put the Lemurs up 8-2 after seven and half. They would add another run in the ninth for good measure to make it 9-2.
The Diablos scored twice in the bottom of the ninth off Lemurs reliever Jamison Maj, but it would not be enough to threaten the Lemurs victory.
Kevin Cooper (0-1) took the loss given up the six runs to the Lemurs in the eighth. He finished the game going two and two thirds, giving up six runs, on six hits, with two walks, and three strikeouts.
The Lemurs will be in El Paso through Friday, July 5th. They will come back to Uni-Trade Stadium for an eleven game home stand that will see the Newark Bears, El Paso Diablos, and St. Paul Saints come to town starting on July 6, 2013.
Single game tickets, season tickets, suite rentals, and group packages are on sale now. For more information, call the Lemurs' office at 956-7LEMURS or visit the Lemurs' official website.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 3, 2013
- Mortensen Dominates in AirHogs Victory Over Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Split Doubleheader With Gary - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Turn Tables on the Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Blanked in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Whitewash Explorers to Gain Split - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Get Great Starting Pitching, But Can't Finish It off Losing on a Walk-Off 3-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Stanton Shuts Down Saltdogs to Win Duel - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Independence Day Celebration, Presented by Snapple and Cub Foods on July 6, Will Honor Disabl - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 3rd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Amarillo Postponed Tonight, Doubleheader Set For Tomorrow - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Torbert to Be Inducted Into Canaries Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Zavada Signed by Padres - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Williamson Solid to Start July - Laredo Lemurs
- Victory Slips Away in Extra Innings - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late inning runs cost Diablos a win - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Saints Breathe a Sigh of Relief as They Work Extras for 9-8 Win - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Pull Away Late to Take Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.