Wild Things Rout Aviators 12-0
WASHINGTON, PA - Nothing came together for the Rockford Aviators, presented by Pearson, tonight as they fell to the Washington Wild Things 12-0 tonight.
In the bottom of the second inning, the Wild Things scored two runs on back-to-back extra-base hits. A double by Garrett Rau scored William Beckwith. Jim Vahalik followed up Rau's hit with a triple of his own to drive in Rau and make the score 2-0 after two.
The Aviators tallied just three hits in the game. Two of those hits came in the top of the fourth inning when Tanner Witt and Brian Bistagne each singled to lead off the inning, but neither would score as Edgar Corcino grounded into a double-play to end the inning.
Kyle Brueggemann earned his third straight loss for the Aviators as he pitched 5.2 innings and allowed three runs on seven hits while walking two and striking out four. He also gave up a solo home run to Scott Kalamar in the sixth inning to make the score 3-0.
In the bottom of the eighth inning, things really fell apart for the Aviators as Tony Butler made his debut appearance for the Aviators. Butler didn't record an out and allowed seven runs while walking four. The Wild Things went on to score nine total runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to extend their lead to 12-0.
The Aviators will be back in action tomorrow night against the Normal Cornbelters at 7:05 p.m. in Normal, Illinois. Fans can tune into the game on the Meridix Network. The link to the broadcast can be found at www.rockfordaviators.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 1, 2014
- Rascals Fall Just Short, Otters Take Finale - River City Rascals
- Slammers Fall to Frontier 4-2 on Friday - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Capture Rubber Game over CornBelters - Normal CornBelters
- Freedom Can't Catch up in Loss to Gateway - Florence Y'alls
- Crushers blank T-bolts to secure sweep - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things Rout Aviators 12-0 - Rockford Aviators
- Washington Pounds Rockford 12-0 - Washington Wild Things
- Grizzlies Take Down Freedom and Win Series - Gateway Grizzlies
- Phillips Paces Beach Bums Past Boomers 7-3 - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Traverse City Ends Schaumburg Win Streak - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts Swept in Lake Erie with 6-0 Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- August 1 Florence Freedom Game Notes - Florence Y'alls
- Otters Seek Series Win over First Place River City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Return the Favor, Win Game 2 - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.