Wichita Continues Road Trip Tonight vs. Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, IN (Feb. 7th) - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, continues their six-game road trip in the Hoosier State tonight against the Fort Wayne Komets.
Tonight is the first visit this season for the Thunder to Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Wichita takes on the Komets twice this week with the next meeting coming on Friday night. The Thunder are 4-2-1 against the Komets all-time and 1-2-1 on the road in the series.
Fort Wayne is currently second in the Central Division with 60 points, four back of Toledo for first place. The Komets are 8-2-0-0 in their last 10 games and have won three in a row. Fort Wayne has two games in hand on the Walleye, having played 44 games to this point in the season.
Wichita slipped back into fourth place in the Mountain Division last night with Allen gaining a point in a shootout loss at Atlanta. The Thunder can move back into third place with a win tonight. Wichita is just three points back of Idaho for second place. The Steelheads take on Colorado tonight. Wichita has four games in hand on Allen, two on Idaho and five games on Tulsa.
Fort Wayne is led by Shawn Szydlowski, who has 54 points (22g, 32a) followed by Garrett Thompson who has 45 points (19g, 26a). Mark MacMillan (16g, 16a) and Rapid City (15g, 17a) each have 32 points to lead the Thunder.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2018
- Icemen Top Swamp Rabbits on the Road - Jacksonville Lizard Kings
- Steelheads Ground Eagles in Loveland - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Score Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Piccinich Scores, But Solar Bears Drop Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cuddemi Scores Twice in Loss at Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Offense Sizzles in Win over Oilers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Dazzle Late with 3-2 Overtime Winner over Royals on Home Ice - Worcester Railers HC
- No Shortage of Scoring as Wings Top Oilers 9-6 - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong Third Period Leads 'Blades Past Orlando 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- 3-2 OT Loss Nets Reading Sole Possession of Second Place in North - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- Rush Win First Morning Home Game in Team History - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Hall of Fame Defenseman Sam Ftorek Comes out of Retirement, Signs with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita Continues Road Trip Tonight vs. Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- The Zombies Are Coming - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Has 26 Former Players, Five Officials in 2018 Winter Olympics - ECHL
- Police vs. Fire Quickly Approaching - Wichita Thunder
- Gudbranson Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp to be Held at CenturyLink Arena - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna to Step Down - ECHL
- Preview: Boosted Royals Look to Move 14 Points Ahead of Railers - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.