Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp to be Held at CenturyLink Arena
Boise, ID (2/7/18) - The stars come out in Boise this September when the Dallas Stars visit CenturyLink Arena. The Stars, the National Hockey League affiliate of the Idaho Steelheads, announced on Wednesday that they will host their 2018 Training Camp in downtown Boise, the first time the team has ever held its camp in Idaho.
Stars coaches, players, and prospects will gather at CenturyLink Arena from September 14th to September 16th as they prepare for the 26th season of Dallas Stars hockey.
"We couldn't be more excited to welcome the Dallas Stars for training camp and to give our fans an opportunity to see the best of the best on the ice here in Idaho," said Steelheads President Eric Trapp. "We have been trying to bring an NHL event to CenturyLink Arena for years and we are thrilled that everything has come together for this summer."
"I think the Stars players are going to enjoy our facilities and everything that Boise has to offer, and Steelheads fans will be on hand to see world-class players in practice and game action."
Fans will have the chance to see NHL players hit the ice. Training camp will consist of team practices and conclude with the Victory Green vs. White Intrasquad Scrimmage on September 16th.
"The Idaho Steelheads have been a tremendous affiliate of ours for fourteen seasons," said Dallas Stars President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Lites. "In holding our training camp there, we're thrilled to give their fans the chance to appreciate Dallas Stars hockey up close and in person."
Steelheads season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets for the scrimmage, after which tickets will be made available to the general public. Dates to purchase tickets, and further details and ice times, will be released for the camp at a later date.
The Steelheads have been the ECHL affiliate of the Stars since 2005, as well as during the 2003-04 season. Ten Steelheads have gone on to play in the NHL with Dallas, most recently last season when forwards Justin Dowling and Gemel Smith debuted with the Stars. Smith remains with the parent club this year.
This will be the first NHL event held at CenturyLink Arena since 1997, when the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings christened the then-new arena with a preseason game.
Tickets are on sale for the Steelheads upcoming series against the Colorado Eagles, beginning February 14th at CenturyLink Arena. For tickets to any Steelheads home game, contact the CenturyLink Arena Box Office at (208) 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2018
- Icemen Top Swamp Rabbits on the Road - Jacksonville Lizard Kings
- Steelheads Ground Eagles in Loveland - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Score Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Piccinich Scores, But Solar Bears Drop Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cuddemi Scores Twice in Loss at Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Offense Sizzles in Win over Oilers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Dazzle Late with 3-2 Overtime Winner over Royals on Home Ice - Worcester Railers HC
- No Shortage of Scoring as Wings Top Oilers 9-6 - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong Third Period Leads 'Blades Past Orlando 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- 3-2 OT Loss Nets Reading Sole Possession of Second Place in North - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- Rush Win First Morning Home Game in Team History - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Hall of Fame Defenseman Sam Ftorek Comes out of Retirement, Signs with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita Continues Road Trip Tonight vs. Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- The Zombies Are Coming - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Has 26 Former Players, Five Officials in 2018 Winter Olympics - ECHL
- Police vs. Fire Quickly Approaching - Wichita Thunder
- Gudbranson Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp to be Held at CenturyLink Arena - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna to Step Down - ECHL
- Preview: Boosted Royals Look to Move 14 Points Ahead of Railers - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.